Scouts: What do you use them for?

The most important scout ability:

• The ability that lets me give "lock on" to a weapon of a ship.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can lower the stealth rating of another ship.

• I can reroll first turn setup (assuming I have the most scouts)

• I can reroll first turn Init (assuming I have the most scouts)

• Total voters

Gorkamecha

Mongoose
The scout has all sorts of handy abilities...but which one do folks find most useful...What ability is the one that sells a scout in one of your games?

This is most likely determined by your opponent, more than anything else. So, it is really dependent on who you play.

I'm found of reduce stealth against those pesky Narns, though

Letting me reroll my boresighted beam weapons is a must, although so far my scouting crews have been amazingly poor :(

I use mine for scouting.......

I find the rerolling the most usefull, but I usually play Minbari, so stealth rolls are less of an issue.

I use mine because it's my only Raid Level choice...that and they are fantastic at "mugging" Omegas :)

Umm...
First problem is the fleet I'm playing. Some, I usually never bother to take scouts. Others, lots of times. If I do take 'em, the use I put them really depends on what my opponent brought to the table.

Hash said:
I use mine because it's my only Raid Level choice...that and they are fantastic at "mugging" Omegas :)

Whose Omega's are they :?

Well with I use mine for those good old Apolllo/Bore sight attacks. :twisted:

Tank said:
Reaverman

That'll be my Omegas, not surprising really given a 4 on 1 situation!!!! :(

Dont worry, while he is trying that, I am Vaping his Shadowship, and his Illustrious Shadow Wuss...err I mean Shadow Hunter :twisted:

reaverman said:
Tank said:
Reaverman

Dont worry, while he is trying that, I am Vaping his Shadowship, and his Illustrious Shadow Wuss...err I mean Shadow Hunter :twisted:

Shadow ship? I saw no shadow ship, lots of scouts mind you (and don't do yourself down Tank, it was nearer 6 to 1!)

philogara said:
reaverman said:
Tank said:
Reaverman

Shadow ship? I saw no shadow ship, lots of scouts mind you (and don't do yourself down Tank, it was nearer 6 to 1!)

Did I miss a Battle? :?

Yes, yes he was, all we got was an Admiral saying "Its a trap!" :) To be fair tho the Tactics Hash & Ad came up with were pretty darned effective and our dice rolling extremely poor

Tank said:
Yes, yes he was, all we got was an Admiral saying "Its a trap!" :) To be fair tho the Tactics Hash & Ad came up with were pretty darned effective and our dice rolling extremely poor

its like something out of Looney Tunes, alternating each week who wins :)

Back