Safari Ship Adventure Transplant

Jak Nazryth

Mongoose
The Classic Adventure 10 (Safari Ship) was set in district 268.

I would like to transplant this to the Trojan Reach somewhere in/near the sub-sectors of Non-31 Tobia sub-sectors, including Sindal, Dpres, and Boarder lands sub-sectors.
Does anyone have any good candidates for a "safari" planet? Poachers paradise? Low tech, wilderness, strange, rare, simi-intelligent, and dangerous species?

Right now I'm thinking Noricum in Sindal is a good place for a Safari Ship-like adventure.
Any other suggestions?

BTW.... what is Pz (Puzzele) mean in remarks?

Here is a link that gives some interesting background... http://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Noricum_(TR_2018)_(world)

BTW...part 2.... how should you integrate a Bronze Age culture with space-faring cultures surround it?
In has a class D starport, so there is at least a fair amount of trade/traffic... I'm assuming the culture knows about it's past but it simply cannot "advance" because of the surface conditions?
The link above some basic ideas that it is patrolled from time to time (non-canon) , but It's a strange thing that this planet has not been gobbled up by Aslans, Pirates, etc... as long as they stay clear of the "bad" areas.
In any case, I think this would make a great hunters paradise... how can bronze spears stop a Laser Rifle?

Anyway, it seems live a very interesting and dangerous place for adventure, mutate species, biological dangers, etc...

More than just TL defines a culture. There is politics, which supersedes TL. Once you know their politics, cultures will run themselves in your games.

How many cultures on Earth operate at less than 21st century levels though there may be a cellphone here or a water pump there.

Reynard said:
How many cultures on Earth operate at less than 21st century levels though there may be a cellphone here or a water pump there.
Is that a question? Earth had many cultures before the 21st century. Standard of living is not a culture. Standard of living can be the result of a culture. See Space Race.

Culture is not my main question. Technology is not my main question. None of this is why I posted this subject.

The question is... does anyone have any other suggestions for a place to Transplant the Safari Ship Adventure in this part of the Trojan Reach?

Bantral, Trojan Reach 1906, UWP is C886589-9.

Earth-sized world on the edge of The Bight with only 500,000 sophonts living on it. Dense atmosphere that's breathable and could host some interesting ground and flying animals.

It's a stop on the "Last Flight of the Amuar" route, and I wrote a little hunting-based side adventure for the stopover. When I saw your question, I immediately thought of Bantral.

That is a bit far from the area my players are in, but worth a look.
Sorry for the abrupt reply an hour or so ago. I was in a hurry headed to a meeting so I had to keep it short and simple...
Basically I know that many of you know more about this Sector than I.
Tonight the players will have an encounter that will lead to an illegal / ethically questionable, dangerous, yet highly profitable adventure hook.
I settled on Noricum because of it's tech level and low pop plus the inherent danger of the plague (plus the chance for mutated beasts). But I wanted other options.
Basically I am blending "The Darthanon Queen" and "Safari Ship" into a 2-part encounter, if the players decide to bite...
Tonight they will dock and attempt a rescue mission of the D-Queen, next week... track down the home world of the Dyson.
Thanks for your input. :)

Back