Russo-Japanese War

No I only started WWII Naval gaming a few years ago on my own. But have done alot of researching and building fleets since then. Cant afford to do another time period. I already have.
Fleets for:
British
French
German
USA
Japan
Italian
Canadian
New Zealand , small as it is.
Austalian
Netherlands
Starting
Greece

Frank Frey said:
Has anyone here done anything at all with Pre-Dreadnoughts?

There is an official supplement for pre-dreads in development, but no date yet set for its completion.

Very good news indeed. While I may not have the money to build up a pre-dreadnought fleet right now, it is a project I would be interested in for the future and I would certainly buy a Victory at Sea book about the era.

I played some Pre-Dread RJW (Battle of Yellow Sea) last night using another rule set with a friend and my eldest son.

My son took command of the Russian fleet and my friend and I divided the IJN command.

We developed our strategy to cut off the Russian fleet and sailed out to meet them.
DSCN0981.jpg

Early on we decided to spilt out forces in hopes that the Russians would take the shortest route possible to make it to the objective.
DSCN0982.jpg

Unfortunately the Russian fire was deadly and scored multiple critical hits on the Battleship Fuji igniting the magazine BOOM!
DSCN0983.jpg

The Japanese line then racked the Oncoming Russian battle line scoring a hit on every ship and causing the Pobieda to drop out of formation.
DSCN0984.jpg

The action ended in a draw as my son had to retire for the evening at the orders of rear Admiral MOM. ;)

I would love to see VaS take on this era with plenty of ship data up front.

There are some great inexpensive models out there in 1/2400 and other larger scales. The 12 ships pictured cost me less than $40 plus time to paint.

Back