RuneQuest II: Add To Cart

iamtim

Mongoose
So... on the Mongoose site, RuneQuest II has the "Add To Cart" option today and doesn't say anything about being a pre-order. Does that mean that RuneQuest II is in and that pre-orders are shipping now?

Hopehopehope...

iamtim said:
So... on the Mongoose site, RuneQuest II has the "Add To Cart" option today and doesn't say anything about being a pre-order. Does that mean that RuneQuest II is in and that pre-orders are shipping now?
Read the latest Planet Mongoose... :wink:

Yay!

What about the pre-orders, though? Do they ship directly from your warehouse (I assume that's the case).

Great News!

I've been buying books recently on PDF (Dara Happa Stirs, Blood Of Orlanth, etc.).

Will the RQ II books be coming out on PDF? If they will, when? Through what outlet (I bought mine on DriveThruRPG).

I'm dying to get my mitts on the new stuff. I want to run Dara Happa Stirs and Blood of Orlanth...

And I've heard rumors of a conversion kit - available soon, I hope.

Books are generally released on PDF - Drivethru - about a month after the dead tree version is published.

The conversion kit will appear before then, most likely as a download from the Mongoose website rather than Drivethru.

How long will it take to get to NZ? I placed an order with a local shop (well, it's within 2 hours drive!).

I'm in two minds about ordering actually. I want to support local retailers, but wonder about how quickly they can actually get hold of books. I considered just paying the extra costs for ordering directly from Mongoose. I guess I'll just wait and see how quickly they get hold of it, this time, and base my judgements on that in the future.

msprange said:
RuneQuest II is indeed in our warehouse - orders will start shipping next week!

Ok, it's next week and I don't have my pre-order yet. What gives!?

Just kidding.

:)

Well, Loz got his copy yesterday and I received mine this morning, fresh and icy cold from the postman!

I am pleasantly surprised with the book. The leather is fine grained and has a nice soft touch. Loz says it smells nice, but my copy hasn't warmed up enough yet to comment. :) The cover text is an embossed gold, reflective and rather elegant. Looking at the spine, it appears to be very high quality binding.

Its both pretty and durable. Pages stay in place if the book is laid open on the table. No wasted space due to overly decorative page borders, just a narrow and subtle line of Runes as header and footer. The paper is of reasonable quality, and thin enough to make the 200 page book light and easy to carry.

Overall, I think this is the best actual physical book Mongoose has yet published. I'm impressed! :D

Back