RQII Skype Game for Newcomers

RQII Newbies Skype Game

• Yes, its a great idea: Count me in!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Might be a good idea but I'll have to think about it

• Terrible idea. Count me out

• I'll be interested in hearing how this goes...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm a little late to the party, but I'm interested. I might even have some free weekends now that backpacking season is slowing down a bit... :)

I'm ready at any time. Any idea when this will start? If all goes well, I'm considering doing the same with a historically based campaign. It depends on how this turns out.

I stockpiled manuals, but still haven't found anybody to play with.
It would also be a good way to explore skype as a way of roleplaying!

I feel your pain, Carrknight. All these awesome books just taking up space!

Loz said around October, so I will wait, albeit anxiously. Regardless, it should be great experience for me to do the same after the game ends.

For now, I'll be a player to learn it better and get my feet wet, but if anyone is into historical based fantasy, I'll run something in Medieval Europe, Harn or fall of Rome. This may be exactly what we older gamers need.

Yes, but I'm extremely busy at the moment finishing a book, proofing another and attending a couple of local conventions.

I'm hoping towards the end of October and I'd ask everyone for patience please.

Thanks! :)

Okay folks, thanks for your patience on this.

We're going to go for the last Sunday in October - 31st - time to be decided, but probably beginning around 2pm EST and ending when we get fed up, or there's a TPK, or you slaughter all the nasties I throw in your way.

I have spaces for 6 people. Those of you who got in early have had a PM from me already; those who can make the above date and haven't had a PM, please ping me on the board and let me have your email address.

I'll run a generic scenario, not tied to Glorantha or any of the other RQ settings, but it will use the core rules. I'll send out some pre-gen characters in due course although I do think that having you generate your own characters has some merit as it does help you get to grips with the rules.

So, mark the afternoon of 31st October in your calendars and watch this space.

Loz

Loz said:
Okay folks, thanks for your patience on this.

We're going to go for the last Sunday in October - 31st - time to be decided, but probably beginning around 2pm EST and ending when we get fed up, or there's a TPK, or you slaughter all the nasties I throw in your way.

I have spaces for 6 people. Those of you who got in early have had a PM from me already; those who can make the above date and haven't had a PM, please ping me on the board and let me have your email address.

I'll run a generic scenario, not tied to Glorantha or any of the other RQ settings, but it will use the core rules. I'll send out some pre-gen characters in due course although I do think that having you generate your own characters has some merit as it does help you get to grips with the rules.

So, mark the afternoon of 31st October in your calendars and watch this space.

Loz

D'oh... I won't be done with my class until around 3:30pm EST... these pesky time zones get in the way sometimes. Sigh... except for that I'd be able to do it.

Perfect for me, I'm totally up for it! I couldn't have picked a better time. I'm not usually doing sqat on Sunday afternoons.

For the benefit of Europeans, that will be 6pm UK time, 7pm Euro time. Our clocks go back an hour on that morning, but US clocks don't go back until the following Sunday.

PhilHibbs said:
For the benefit of Europeans, that will be 6pm UK time, 7pm Euro time. Our clocks go back an hour on that morning, but US clocks don't go back until the following Sunday.

Thanks Phil; I'd forgotten about that.

Loz said:
We're going to go for the last Sunday in October - 31st

I'll be there.

Do you intend to do character handouts / generation before the 31st, or will game day be character creation + whatever gameplay we can get in?

Chargen will be in advance. You'll have some time to get to grips with your characters before play begins.

Back