Rogue Trooper; The Battle for Nu-Earth

WallyTWest

Mongoose
Ok, I got a wargame that I would love to see miniatures for and I think mongoose could do it on the cheap.

Rouge Trooper; The Battle for Nu-Earth

(Sort of a slap in the face to 40K.)
Wiki - if you are not familiar.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_Trooper
Videos from Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txRis8n9W4Y&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cPgKbibE4o

Think about how awsome it could be!! Some nice miniatures and 45 individual sculpts. It could be an awsome range! Use the Battlefield Ruleset to show the skirmishes of Nu-Earth!

Imagine a well modeled board!

1 Box Set of 12 Nort Troopers (12)
1 Blister of Nort Alternate Weapons (3)
1 Blister of Nagan Legionares (3)
1 Blister of Scum Marines (3)

1 Box Set of Souther Troopers (12)
1 Blister of Souther Alternate Weapons (3)
1 Blister of Fort Neuropa Troopers (3)
1 Blister of Generic Infantry (3)

Specical Chactors like Tirpitz, Venus, Rogue, Friday and Doenz.

You could have a cupple of articles on how to convert SST and 1/35 models into RT vechicles in S&P. Also on how to use JD models and robots to represent individual heros/villians on the battlefield.

Expanding the 2000AD mongoose family could look awsome!

Sounds interesting. Maybe something to Evo line? Should the Backman, Helm and Gunnar grant extra actions?

RT would really be a one man army when equipped with his pals :) Well, obviously he is and I dread to think his point cost :lol:

Each one would be a 48 page booklet similar to warhammer skrmish or death on the streets.

Book 1; The Quartz Zone Massacre
Basic Rules for Full GI armies, Tunnelers, Drop Pods, Hoppas and the troops of the Quarts Zone. Plus articles on terrain and trators.
Book 2; The Battle for Fort Nuropa
Rules for fortifications, trench warfare, spies, robot runners, nort walkers, snipers and the quarky troops of Nuropa. Plus, a disco minigame!
Book 3; The Siege of Nu Atlanta
Siege Rules and Detailed Cityfight Rules. Detailed modeling projects like hellcannons and a guide on creating detailed future city buildings with materials at home. More personalitys and a detailed account of the siege from survivors (like the halo believe comercicals)

"We where tied up in the ruins for almost 7 days, the hab block begain to crumble under the constant bombardment from las-zookas. Then at 1400 the las-zookas went silient. We stormed into the buildings across the street to find our enimies dead, the only survivor a nort captian with his sanity shattered. kept saying 'Blue'"
Lt. Jackson Griffon, 2nd Div., Battle of Nu Paris

"I never imagined that the fuel depot that we where assigned to guard would work against us. Without the ability to use our plasma weaponry we lacked the ability to penatrate the Norts walkers. The rail guns tore through us... *Pause* I was gathering frag gernades off a dead nort when he came out. Jumped ontop of the thing and riped out the contol box, then pulled the O2 hose. Pilot died almost instantly. The trooper saved alot of us that day."
Co. Alex Rider, 4th Div., Siege of Nu Atlanta

"After the pill boxes fell we couldnt poke our heads above the trench line, we just sat there pined for 2 days hoping the things would run out of ammo or that a stray mortar round would take them out. Things took a turn for the worse when decapators moved over the trench, figured for shure that we would die there and then the Rouge Trooper came. He singlehandly shot down 12 of them, and then threw gernades taking out the pill boxes. He was the first one over, but by the time we had taken the nort lines the trooper had disipeared. Never got to thank him."
Cp. Nathan Gaiman, 1st Company., Battle of Dix-I

nice idea, like the text you have written as well - almost seems you could write it yourself ? Perhaps a S+P?

http://warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33831&d=1202185563

Ok, im starting to think that I have the trooper bug bad. Above is a link to a converted RT (Very Easy Conv.)

Im thinking Nort and Souther units are next if I want to keep up the modeling. Im really begining to dig this idea.

What was the original miniature that you used as a base for conversion?

I don't want to hijack this thread or anything but what do you think of Bad Company as an EVO variant? I know that I have suggested it before (for an RPG setting) but maybe it would work better as a war game setting.

Maybe Mongoose could tie up with a miniature company to produce stuff for their games, plenty of good companies out there.

Back