Renegade Legion Setting For Traveller

2kuhl4you

Mongoose
I still have Renegade Legion in all of its forms (Leviathan, Centurion, Interceptor, and Lgeionnaire) by the now-defunct FASA. I think the new Traveller would be perfect rules for the Renegade Legion Universe.

Renegade Legion seemed very cool setting but I never got around to buy the books (back then I only played BattleTech and various RPGs). Later on this has began to interest me more and more.

Anyway, I don't know how well Traveller handles tactical combat (vehicular) since it is the core of all games except the Legionnaire.

Its a cool background and great imagery - can Traveller do cool looking ships etc ? :p

Also be a nice system for 3rd Edition ACTA

Traveller would do nicely for a Renegade Legion RPG. There was a Renegade Legion RPG (Legionnaire), but I didn't find it that great a rule system. (Hmmm, I may even still have my copy of that somewhere - one to add to the eBay pile I think).

ACTA would make for a great fleet action version of Leviathan (the cap ships game), or for that matter High Guard can handle the right sort of feel (huge ships with massed weapon batteries and spinal mount weapons of terrifying destructive power).

Battlefield Evolution system could be tweaked to provide a tactical ground game - or Mongoose could licence and reprint the original Centurion game, which was the best of the RL boxed games.

Personally I am most interested in Centurion and Legionnaire. Granted, having Leviathan and Interceptor, too would be nice. Especially if the Preceptor (or what ever the name of that game was) that incorporates them all to a one massive game. Then all I would need would be more spare time :p

I have begun writing some house rules for Renegade Legion/Traveller. The Traveller rules are so flexible that I can see them used for just about anything. I've had to modify the weight of things slightly to fit with the design rules in High Guard and rework the weapon lists but I think it will a lot of fun. A Fluttering Petal is now a 100-ton fighter...still huge by today's standards.

The old Renegade Legion Games were Legionnaire (RPG), Centurion (ground combat), Interceptor (star fighter combat), Leviathan (capital ships) and Prefect (planetary-level combat).

little bit of trivia:
Renegade legion was originally designed to be the star wars TTG but they could not get the license.

I have started messing around with writing up some modifications for Renegade Legion using your Traveller rules. I have to say the Trveller rules are, in my opinion, a gold standard for gaming. Mongoose did a great job!

This sounds very cool!
I love big games.
Modified Battlefield Evo rules and ACTA rules to fit the traveller universe would be awesome!

The RL universe was great classic science fiction. It was more playable than Battletech. I think I still have everything in a box somewhere.

Tremayne said:
Traveller would do nicely for a Renegade Legion RPG. There was a Renegade Legion RPG (Legionnaire), but I didn't find it that great a rule system. (Hmmm, I may even still have my copy of that somewhere - one to add to the eBay pile I think).

I agree with you on Legionnaire. The rules weren't that attractive. However, the vehicle combat, with some modification, was excellent and realistic.

Using traveller for Renegade Legion (Legionnaire RPG) sounds good.
I have the Legionnaire RPG, also Interceptor, Centurion.

It's good, but not much support for it that I could find (just the book).
Would like to see the conversion rules for Legionnaire using Traveller.
Should be great. :D

As for Mongoose taking up the Renegade Legion mantle: that would be good.

Back