Release date

Finarvyn

Mongoose
I hate to be too grumpy, but why is it that so many cool RPG releases seem to occur in January? Don't game companies want to get their stuff on my Christmas list? :?

This is not aimed specifically at Conan, but is a trend that I have noticed over the past few years. My wife asks for a list of stuff I want so I go and look to see what is going to come out soon, and it always seems that the top couple items that I most want won't be published until January. :cry:

Okay, so I actually sort of enjoy being grumpy. :p I also can't wait to buy Conan as soon as possible.....

Actually most of the new stuff that's supposed to be "big releases" are at Gen Con, MONTHS before Christmas either giving you enough time to save up for them as presents or time to get them all before you make your Christmas list.

Yeah, most cool stuff is released at Gen Con or just before or after. December and January are usually dead months for the most part.

I'd say December and January are kinda dead months, it seems like companies are producing more stuff during the winter. Maybe not the front line stuff that gets trotted out at Gen Con but stuff to help expand the universe, provide more source material, etc.

Okay, so I forgot about the GenCon target date ... that's clearly the top output season of the year. It's also so far from Christmas that those purchases come out of a different household fund. :D

I still think that every year something neat seems to be lurking in January.

Yeah there is the occasional gem in the holiday releases but it's not as major as con season in general and Gen Con in particular.

must amit that with a birthday in december presant giving season is very short for me thank god for pocket money known in our house as the mongoose fund

My best guess has the Conan game hitting the shelves, here in the States, in either the third or fourth week in January. this assumes that there are no delays from the printers or other problems. If there are, we may not see it till the end of next month.

From the main discussion forum:

msprange said:
Conan
Well, the biggie is the all new, all dancing Conan RPG. Based on the OGL rules, it is a complete rulebook, and a complete guide to the world of Hyborea and the characters within. Advance copies have already reached the office and it is the sweetest RPG book I have seen for a long, long time. Due in the 3rd week of January, I am told, this is the hot RPG for the beginning of the year. . .

Outlaw said:
From the main discussion forum:

msprange said:
Conan
Well, the biggie is the all new, all dancing Conan RPG. Based on the OGL rules, it is a complete rulebook, and a complete guide to the world of Hyborea and the characters within. Advance copies have already reached the office and it is the sweetest RPG book I have seen for a long, long time. Due in the 3rd week of January, I am told, this is the hot RPG for the beginning of the year. . .

but thats a whole week away!!!

Huh? What? Did I miss something? Is the release pushed back to the second week of Feb. now? Sigh......

Back