Raiders...

dant164

Mongoose
Ok, i have a fledgling EA fleet, and the raider fleet list caught my attention, now i dont have SFOS so im just looking through the tournament fleet lists, I fell in love with the raider battlewagon....

My question is, the "Allied fleet rules" that the Tournament fleet lists pertain to, does it essentially mean i can have 1 raid point of either EA, League or ISA ships, or have i got that totally wrong?

And the Modified freighter, is the model for that just a civillian freighter?

i know the LONAW can have raiders in their fleets, dunno about any other races, altho dotn see why not, in the raiders background it does say most races hire them for the dirty work at some point.

The model is indeed the Civilian Freighter.

Raiders can take one FAP of LoNAW allies (no mixing of allies though) regardless of the PL of the game (i.e. a War level game would see up to one War point of allies).

The Nova Dreadnought isn't too bad either (not hugely powerful but very in line with the rest of the fleet) and adds a much needed Battle level option to their fleet.

dant164 said:
Thanks very much, one more thing: When did Raiders get the option of a nova?
It's not just an EA Nova, it's based off it though.

They get it in Armageddon.

I'm wondering since this is now an official ship if we're ever going to see a full model? or will it be left for us to convert one if we want one?

Chern

Just thought of this:

Raiders have three fighter options, are they interchangable on the the ships?

E.G. can a strike carrier have V2's or Double V's

dant164 said:
Just thought of this:

Raiders have three fighter options, are they interchangable on the the ships?

E.G. can a strike carrier have V2's or Double V's

You can't put double Vs on a strike carrier. You can swap six Vs for V2s for a patrol point.

dant164 said:
Speaking of the Endgame, is the Argents Crusader list legal to use still?

As Legal as it ever was, which is to say not part of the standard ruleset.

Ask Steele, he wrote it, he should know. :lol:

LBH

Speaking of the Endgame, is the Argents Crusader list legal to use still?

I know in any tourneys I run I'm fine with anything that has been printed in S&P as 'official', but it really depends on the Tournament Organiser. What I would say is just make sure you ask first, its just good form.

Oh, and if you do use Argent and his lads in a post-Armageddon Tourney; use the stats for Delta-V2s from Armageddon - they have the updated stats. Consider the ones from Argent's list "prototypes". :)

Cheers!
Bry

Good point on the V2's Steele. I'd have to say, regarding Argent's fleet, I'll allow it in next year's KOTJ3, but they have to have converted models for endgame dreadnought! no just "using a nova" hahahahah
Chern

Back