Ragged Edge/Cold Equation

Playing roleplaying games need:

• Sheer dumb luck ( either variety Omegar)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An entirely new version of your native language

• Imagination - any variety

• Great self control(not to commit assault on other players or GM)

• A large amount of small, odd shaped objects

• A loose hold on somebodies idea of sanity

• All of the above

• None of the above

• Other

• Practice makes Nerfert

• Total voters

Barbara

Mongoose
Basically, what level is starting level for both?

How big a party?

What time period is it set in?

Chance of becoming famous but is there an equal chance of imfamy?

Barbara said:
Basically, what level is starting level for both?

How big a party?

What time period is it set in?

Chance of becoming famous but is there an equal chance of imfamy?

They are two parts of a Campaign though like any good adventure can be played independantly of each other in case someone doesnt have either one or the other.

Cold Equations is a 1st level adventure
Ragged Edge is for 2nd level characters but takes you through to between 9-11th by its end.

Both adventures are ideally played by 4-6 but with some modification of encounters by the GM you can play it with as few or as many as suits your requirements.

Cold Equations it set at the start of 2259, pretty much during the events of Point of Departure during the second season.

Jagged Edge starts Jannuary 2259 and ends December that year, it is made up of eleven one monthly parts give or take.

Chances of becoming famous or Infamous..pretty much yes to both, you get involved with numerous factions and have many opportunities to choose or betray a side.. these adventures involve you with a whole plethora of power groups...Jagged Edge especially.

lastbesthope said:
Neo, if these two run in 2259, does that mean you couldn't run them in parallel with Into the Crucible?

LBH

The timescale of Into the Crucible would ideally put it after jagged edge in scales of timeline of the series as into the crucible is meant as an ideal jump off point between the end of season 2 and the start of season 3.

However, that said with some jiggery pokery on the GM's part it could be made to fit anywhere, but some events do occur that are related to some of the things that are happening in certain episodes, though not necessarily wholly dependant on said events.

Barbara said:
So how much, dodge the series scripts, is there?

Conveniently, the structure of Ragged Edge means that the characters are sent on missions off Babylon 5 most of the time, which means they aren't around to interfere with canon events, but there's a lot of tie-in to the series.

Oh good, that means we wouldn't have to worry about doing things that won't be able to happen, due to what happens in the series.

Nothing is more frustrating than knowing what you do, will never have any effect because it is contrary to what happened in a script.

Except possibly, only rolling 20's on Spot/Listen checks for something inconsequential but rolling 1-3 when your life/freedom depends on making the Spot/Listen check.

lastbesthope said:
I must admit, I'm liking the sound of this more and more ....

Roll on March 25th!

LBH

Cold Equations is a great Adventure.. so imagine our surprise and glee when we found Jagged Edge was even better :) and it has a great ending too... nuff said

Nuff siad my red rosy . . . . . encounter suit :lol:

To cross games a moment, we want to know more!
(Not too much though, I hate spoilers)

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Nuff siad my red rosy . . . . . encounter suit :lol:

To cross games a moment, we want to know more!
(Not too much though, I hate spoilers)

LBH

I'd love to give more specific details LBH..but not only would it spoil the surprise it would breach my NDA and then the Mongoose guys would be round with the pummelling sticks.. and alex would be sat on his throne laughing evilly and the like..it wouldn't be pretty. ;)

Lets just say the ending is more of an interesting beginning than a conclusion that will leave players in something of a unique position they are unaccustomed to.

Lets just say the ending is more of an interesting beginning than a conclusion that will leave players in something of a unique position they are unaccustomed to.

You mean alive, solvent and without bounties on them from at least 3 groups.

Back