Question about the Drakh Keeper

Goldritter

Mongoose
In a campaign can the Drakh place a Keeper on an enemy ship and can then control it (up to a grade).

My Question is now, under what conditions can the Targedet player remove the Keeper from this ship ?

1. After the game he realise, that the ship does things he doesn´t want ?
2. After he rolled a new Captain on the Refits & Duties Table ?
3. After the Crew was reduced to Skeleton Crew ?
4. After he has send the ship back to HQ for reparations ?

Or can´t the Keeper reoved and the ship is useless for the entire campaign and basicaly destroyed ?

You can force your opponent to do anything you wish with this ship (...) exept fire upon its own fleet.

So you can force him to not shoot, or lay down and be killed, or flee.
So with a Keeper a ship is not only useless for the owner, but it will reduce it´s FAP for this battle by the ammount of the FAP cost of the ship and for the rest of the campaign the owner will never use this ship again, which result in a loss of one ship for the campaign.

Or the Drakh player force the ship in the battle to fly so, that it will be attacked by all Drakh ships.

My english is not so good so I translate the sentence "it is only a liability" to "it´s not so important".
But the Keeper is not like the results of "you loose one FAP for the next battle".

For example if the Drakh player put the Keeper on a War Level Ship (like the EA Warlock) the owner of this ship has lost 25 RR, because he can never (useful) field this ship.

Or does I understand something wrong with the description of the Keeper ?

Goldritter said:
For example if the Drakh player put the Keeper on a War Level Ship (like the EA Warlock) the owner of this ship has lost 25 RR, because he can never (useful) field this ship.

Against the Drakh, it would be very unwise. It would still be free to act normally when fighting someone else in the campaign.

O.K.

The Problem for me is, that I only play campaign against one opponent.
Because it´s hard to get more than two player.

So in a Two-Player game it´s a killer.

But will it not be more realistic if the keeper is lost, when the Captain changes ?

And after a Battle, when the Captain does something "stupid", will the HQ not ask, why the Captain has done this ?

Another option is, in a two player campaign (get more friends involved, it gets vicious when you have four or more!), simply re-roll any results that turn the Keeper up. . .

msprange said:
Another option is, in a two player campaign (get more friends involved, it gets vicious when you have four or more!), simply re-roll any results that turn the Keeper up. . .

It´s not, that I have to few friend ;) .
It´s more, that not all have time to play.
It´s a wonder when more than two have time to play at the same time.
You don´t know how hard it is to get more then 3 together for a RPG Round.

Back