Psi Corps feat-Intensive Training Feat?

Phaide

Mongoose
I'm trying to wrap my mind around this feat. Sure it helps meet the skill pre-reqs but it doesn't help with feat and telepathic ability requirements. As near as I can tell, it only lets you get in one level earlier in to the prestige class. Am I missing something?

I don't have the Psi Corps book in front of me right now, but I don't get this one either.

From what I remember from skill prereqs (Telepathy at 12 ranks was the highest I believe) you could get into the class around 9th level, correct?

The ability prereqs will mean that even with the feat you'll be 8-9th level before you get in anyways. So why make the feat get you three virtual ranks when it only gets you into the class one level sooner?

I'm fairly new to the game, so I'd love to know if I'm missing something here.... :)

Phaide said:
I'm trying to wrap my mind around this feat. Sure it helps meet the skill pre-reqs but it doesn't help with feat and telepathic ability requirements. As near as I can tell, it only lets you get in one level earlier in to the prestige class. Am I missing something?

It is true, your character will still need to be 8th level, since a Telepath only gets a Telepathic Ability at 2, 4, 6, and 8th level. Since the Psi Cop Prestige Class requires 4 Telepathic abilities, (one of my grips since a Telepath cannot take a usable ability till 2nd level - thus even a Commercial Telepath has to be at least 2nd level).

The main idea is to represent the fact that there is more and more telepaths that need policing them (based at least on one of the books, when Bester is being hunted by Psi Cops). I think Gar just missed that detail.

I would like to see a change so that you can exchange a Feat or a Telepath Feat for a Telepathic Ability would work. That would make it possible for Telepaths to approach the flexibility that they have on the show.

I agree.

But I'm curious then...why is the feat worded to make people think you can get into the prestige class three levels earlier? The -3 is useless to a potential Psi Cop. It might as well be -1, at least as far as that class is concerned (which seems to be why the feat was made).

Back