Prices set for Continuum 2008!

Darran

Mongoose
Continuum 2008. John Foster Hall, Leicester University, UK
Friday 1st – Monday 4th August 2008.
http://www.continuum.uk.net

Prices for membership and Accommodation.
We are pleased to announce the prices for Continuum 2008.
Registration will open very early December 2007 with the launch of the new Continuum 2008 website. Exact date will follow soon.

Special Room Deal
Single room with shared facilities located a little bit away from the main venue.
One/two nights = £35.00 per night.
All three nights = £30.00 per night.

En suite Accommodation
One/two nights = £40.00 per night.
All three nights = £35.00 per night.

Membership.
Standard membership = £35.00 after 1st April 2008.
Kids with adult = FREE!

Yes that's right, kids come free with an adult if they are having accommodation. Kids equal or under 16 years of age.

As you see we hope that this provides excellent value for money for a busy games convention in a first rate venue with top notch accommodation.

Register via post
You can register your place at Continuum by simply filling out the Continuum sign up sheet and sending it to:

Continuum 2008
Langmoor
Symonds Green Road
Stevenage
Herts SG1 2HB

Please make all cheques payable to "Continuum".

Register via PayPal
You can send us your registration/room payments via PayPal. To do this, simply go to your PayPal account and send the correct amount of money (using the guidelines stated above) to "payment@continuum.uk.net".

Please ensure you include the following details with your PayPal order: Your name, address, phone number, mobile number, email address, room type and which nights you intend on staying.

Just to add some support, if you are into RuneQuest even slightly, you don't want to miss this one!!!

Thanks for the endorsement Matthew!

Yes, Continuum is a great RQ supporter and always has been. 2008 will be no exception; you can expect demo games and convention scenarios for Glorantha, homebrew settings and the Eternal Champion settings of Elric and Hawkmoon. There will also be seminars to discuss Glorantha and RQ related topics with the opportunity to meet those behind the words (me, for starters).

We're also hoping that Old Bear will be bringing the Mongoose Infantry and a full tradestand.

At Continuum 2006 RQ made its first public appearance. Now the game has increased so profoundly the con is really looking forward to giving its full support.

For news on Continuum, see our website on www.continuum.uk.net. We're actually developing a whole new look, so the old website is there pretty much as a place holder at present, but there's lots to learn from the FAQs and events timetable. One thing to note though; the Yahoo mailing list will shortly be used for committee announcements to Continuum members only. We'd like to host all chat and proactive questioning over at The Tavern (http://tavern.zunder.org.uk and see the Continuum thread area). So please nip across there and register!

In the next week or so I'll be posting a full update on the con's status, website build progress, guests, and, of course, games.

I look forward to seeing you over at the Tavern - and here, of course!

Loz

Although the website is still waiting to go live, we're delighted to announce that registration for Continuum 2008 is now open.

Simple send your membership and accommodation payment via Paypal to:

payment@continuum.uk.net

Be sure to include which nights you're staying, and...

Details of any friends you want to be roomed close to

Whether you want a double room

If you're bringing children.

Costs for Continuum 2008 are:

En suite Accommodation.
All three nights = £35.00 per night.
One/two nights = £40.00 per night.

Membership.
Early-Bird membership = £20.00 before 1st April 2008.
Standard membership = £35.00 after 1st April 2008.
Kids with adult = FREE!

If you prefer to register via paper and cheque, drop me a PM and I'll send you the PDF registration form.

Hi All,

Go to the web page and check the registration box, if things have gone to plan then all should be active and working like a dream.

Simon and Darran

Just to give a basic idead of the running times so people can plan events and games.

Food Times
08:00 - 10:00 Breakfast. Included with accommodation.
13:00 - 14:00 Lunch. Cash sales.
18:30 - 20:00 Dinner. Cash sales.

Friday
Bar Times 14:00 – 01:00
13:00 Open reception
14:00 - 18:00 Game Slot 1
19:00 Opening Ceremony
20:00 till late Game Slot 2
20:00 Icebreakers! [Pub quiz & silly games]

Saturday
Bar Times 11:00 – 01:00
10:00 – 13:00 Game Slot 3
14:00 – 18:00 Game Slot 4
19:30 – 23:30 Game Slot 5

Sunday
Bar Times 11:00- 01:00
10:00 – 13:00 Game Slot 6
14:00 – 18:00 Game Slot 7
14:00 – 17:00 Auction
19:30 – 23:30 Game Slot 8
22:00 Closing Ceremony
Drink and chat until early hours.

Monday
Breakfast, tidy up, & depart
10:00 – 14:00 Game Slot 9 [for Hardcore gamers :wink: ]

A one am bar!. Gotta love that. :wink:

Hi All,

This list is of course on indicative of the key slots that you could use for tabletop games, there will be other events running between these times, such as live action freeforms, miniatures games, board games, shopping experiences, Trollball and the opportunity to get to talk to some of the Gods of Gaming. These times are by no means restrictive, we seek creative thinking in our gamers.

As Freeform Czar for the event I am always on the look out for new games, do any of you have any Glorantha/Elric/Conan/Slaine or whatever based freeform games you have been itching to run? Contact me and tell me if you have and Continuum may be the debut for your inspirational idea.

We are always on the look out for ideas for tournaments, miniature events and so forth, if you have any ideas please feel free to contact the commitee and pass them on. However we are only looking for serious, realistic offers, not random brainstorming, and basically the motto is, if you want it run, we will help you to do so, but remember you will be the driving force, we have a convention to run don't you know? (That was humour btw)

Many thanks for your interest and support, and remember, if you don't come then we can't run and you will never know how great it was. So book now.

Simon Bray
Continuum Committee - Freeform Czar

Residential registration closes at 5pm, today, Monday 21st July 2008.

If you want to buy Day Passes you can do so up until 31st July. Cost if £9 for Friday and £18 each for Saturday and Sunday.

Our convention membership at present is the same as 2006 (217 delegates), which is excellent news and we're all looking forward to Continuum. However, please check the Cast and Crew section of the website and, if you find your name isn't on the delegate list and should be, contact me ASAP. I'll need to know if you registered by Paypal or snail mail, and the date.

Back