Preview in March?

Gauntlet-

Banded Mongoose
So we might be getting a nice preview in march according to the mongoose planet page...

Supposedly the new Tanker and the Skyhook have entered their first production run, that is pretty awesome, and it will be nice to see those out with release.

I imagine the preliminary release being as such;

LAMI, PSMI, Marauders, Sky Hook

Warriors, New Tanker, Ripplers, New Hoppers

Skinny Raiders, Speeders, ???, ????

That would be pretty cool!

Now that the release is, hopefully, close, what is mongooses distribution like in the states? I've only gotten into the game in last two months so wans't around when it was "in print," are chances good my local gaming stores will carry the new line?

This bandwagon looks like fun. Here's my guesses:

LAMI, SkyHook, Grizzlies, Cougars

Warriors, New Tanker, Ripplers, New Brain

Skinnie Raiders, Skinnie Speeder, Skinnie Solders, Skinnie Flyer

Forth Command Suit, Forth Basic Suit, Forth Spider-like Suit, Forth Flyer

With this style of release MGP will keep their promise of pushing the air units out, every race gets one, and they concentrate on the recognizable units such as LAMI, Skyhook, Warriors, Tanker, Brain from the movie. They would also have their best models released to grab attention, Grizzlies, Cougars, Ripplers, Skinnie Speeders, Skinnie Solders. Just my 2p

I thik they should start from the basic troopers and a flyer. Ex.

Powertrooper, merouder, skyhook

Warrior, tanker, hooper.

and so on.

They've done that before and it has ended badly for them.
They are just being sure...

Sure, it sucks, but I'm sure it is worth the wait.

lt.harper said:
Hope so man.

It will be!!!!

Hi guys! Long time, no talkie! I have just come up for air...literally, as I came down with pneumonia shortly after I got back from England... and figuratively as I have had my head down during almost every free hour writing background for the Skinnies and other SST things. 200 plus pages of bg and I still have to trim it down considerably!!! And that doesn't include all the graphics I've done so far! :lol:

Those of you that are play-testing will already notice some major differences in the Skinnies, vs. both version 1 and the CGI series: hopefully you will approve. Personally, I've been playtesting (on my dining room table with Taco as my opponent) some ideas for additional Skinnie units: as soon as I'm happy, I'll send them along to Matt.

Regards,

Scipio

nifty- can't wait... I do have to wonder what your take will be with them.

I always thought the idea of their force variance was good, but the justification was just a little too unreasonable, or perhaps their was too much variance.. I could definately see the Skinnies split into literally different factions/governments.

The Imperials:
This is advanced skinny worlds, who after the initial invasions by the Arachnids, and some assaults by humans, have unified their stregnth... sadly this required a 'redistribution' of what they considered skinny territory and many fledgling colonies have been left to their own devices.

-Royal Army (Lord/Venerables)
-The Home-Guard (General/Guard)

The Royal Army represents special forces kept mobile to defend or attack anywhere on the front. (Has Air-Support)

The Home-Guard represent stationary (local to the planet) forces that defend the core worlds and recently acquired assets. (Has Air-Support)

(For security reasons Slaves are no longer utilized for combat)

The Abandoned:
The unfortunate worlds that the Skinny government chose not to defend as non-cost-productive... they survive day to day, they have less technology, few interstellar craft if any, and on some of the more remote worlds, rely heavily on the genetic misfits such as Brutes, and the Cabal whose powers are needed with the absence of core-world support.

-Raider Army ('Renegade', Raiders, Speeders, Slaves...)
-Primitive Army (War Chief/Cabal, Brutes, Tawns, Slaves...)

The Raider Army represents the surviving garrisons of the abandoned worlds that now offer a battleground for the Imperial Skinnies, the Arachnids and the Humans. They have plentiful volunteers such as militia or Raiders, civilian converted combat speeders, slaves when available... and sometimes perhaps a squad of soldiers sent by a merciful backer from the Skinny Hegemony. (No Air-Support)

The Primitive Army represents the truly wild tribes on the outskirts of Skinny society; led by a Brute War-Chief or a Cabal of telepaths. They sometimes take charge of refugees and colonists from the Hegemony and can lead limited quantities of Raiders, maybe a speeder or two... and they have no qualms regarding the use of slaves! (No Air-Support)

Back