Precognitive characters.

Silk

Mongoose
I am starting a campaign in a few weeks (fiery trail), one of the characters is a Precognitive.

I like the idea of them drifting throught time, struggling to remember what the date today is ect.

I'm trying to come up with some ideas to make the precog character more interesting, I thought I would try things like them always missing meetings and other characters having to find them ect.

Thought I would try things like telling the character the waitress serving them was mugged a few weeks before, prompting him to talk to her, then turning the tables by having the waitress not mugged yet, then some good roleplaying fallout after it happens.

Hope u get my idea, what eludes me at the moment is a long term plot idea, something I can realy "trick" the player with.

The character background is that their a blip with a forged ID, working as shuttle crew with one of the other characters who is a shady smuggler.
Their precog skills good at keeping them one step ahead of the authorities

If you have precogs in your campaign, or have read any good ones in storys ect I would love to hear your ideas. :?: :idea:

"Always in motion is the future" Yoda

"Your future is not written yet. So make it a good one!" Doc Brown

Precognition is tricky. What would be a great scene, is to have the characters play out a scene, then when just about everyone gets killed, tell them that the Precog broadcast what "could" happen if they do something. Give them experience (since most people learn from mistakes, even others mistakes) :wink:. That way the team shares in with the Precog.

The "Groundhog Day" thing has been done many times. A good example is from Season 2 of the Dead Zone. He sees the future over and over again, in a split second.

You could have it as a plot point rather than a continuous ability. The Precog gets brief flashes of events, barely enough to pixk faces but the action/content is visible. Then the characters can investigate or even see the event as it happens and use that as the catalyst for a session.

scottmage said:
The "Groundhog Day" thing has been done many times. A good example is from Season 2 of the Dead Zone. He sees the future over and over again, in a split second.

Of course that's the other thing to pick up on - John Smith in the Dead Zone doesn't necessarily know if it's the future or the past he's seeing; By mixing the two up, you get a bit of wiggle room as a GM.

frobisher said:
scottmage said:

Of course that's the other thing to pick up on - John Smith in the Dead Zone doesn't necessarily know if it's the future or the past he's seeing; By mixing the two up, you get a bit of wiggle room as a GM.

Hmmmm..... like that idea, thanks for your thoughts all, keep em coming :)

Back