Post Season 5 Arcs, closures, and beginnings.

What would you like to see expanded on in a game during or after season 5? Surely someone has gone here before so I'd like to see some input - from any perspective, but especially from the ISA standpoint.

Just for info, according to the upcoming releases, Mongoose are bringiong out a B5 supplement called Crusade in May. Wonder what that'll cover :wink:

LBH

That's neat. Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't seen that at all. Too bad they haven't had something like that or Legend take flight like they hoped. Here's hoping that the new movie catches on and sparks interest. Then we could have a 4 hour sci fi... Well it would be great with B5, SG-1, SG- Atlantis and then Battlestar Galactica all on one night. I might have to just get a IV hook up then! :lol:

lastbesthope said:
Just for info, according to the upcoming releases, Mongoose are bringiong out a B5 supplement called Crusade in May. Wonder what that'll cover :wink:

LBH

My bet is that it's the long-awaited story of Mr Garibaldi's crusade to get extra virgin olive oil delivered to B5.

mthomason said:
lastbesthope said:

LBH

My bet is that it's the long-awaited story of Mr Garibaldi's crusade to get extra virgin olive oil delivered to B5.

But he's on Mars now, unless Edgars Industries bought the station for the Alliance so Garibaldi could fgo to one of the lighter g stations so he could be 5 pounds lighter everytime he comes on board.

:lol:

LBH

Well... Now that the catheder has been introduced properly...

Has anyone given any thought to that? Surely someone has outpaced the suppliments or has came about farther by virtue of where you started. What themes have came out that would be interesting to see?

Babylon 5 Aide said:
Well... Now that the catheder has been introduced properly...

Has anyone given any thought to that? Surely someone has outpaced the suppliments or has came about farther by virtue of where you started. What themes have came out that would be interesting to see?

My game was set initially during the battle of the line but only briefly before catapulting them to post season 5/crusade period of time...

Our game to date has largely been based around exploring the fringes of known space, and avoiding/fighting the dark minbari and the Drakh who as ex minions of the Shadows are still trying to build a power base for themselves built upon the remnants of the Shadows advanced technologies left behind.

We also had a brief interlude based around the antics of an insane technomage who was terrorising a planet and its primitive human populace.

I've also bene messing with thier mojo's the last few sessions by having thier vessel followed by a Soul Hunter who refuses to say why he is there... the group are all super paranoid now convinced one of them is going to die :lol:

Babylon 5 Aide said:
neo - I gather you are out on the rim so to speak, but have you addresed the ISA government at all?

Not in any great detail thus far.. they're still close enough to the end of season 5 that all the young races are still working together harmoniously.. though I intend to include some story elements reflecting the fact that many of the League members and likely the narn will fall back into old habits of just concerning themselves with thier own concerns and politics leaving the humans and minbari to deal with each other and the plague on earth.

I also imagine the Narn and Centauri conflict will continue underway at full power possibly with the narns maybe even doing all they can to get hold of powerful shadow or vorlon technologies with which to vent thier anger on the centauri some more..masybe even trading with the drakh in exchange for information, which could or could not lead to them being expelled from the ISA.

Havent really given that much thought to it yet as with them being largely on the rim they've been away from the hustle and bustle of galactic politics. To date the most involved they become with the ISA is taking on the survivor of a derelict Whitestar and ferrying him to a friendly port (Bab 5).

Well, the possibilities abound, but here are my thoughts:

The Centauri Republic is wounded, but it will be coming back in a major way in the years between 2263-2278. The Drakh will be on the rise, making offers to various younger races and forging the Centauri into a weapon to be used against the Interstellar Alliance.

The Earth Alliance is on the side of the angels again. . .but for how long? Yes, Clarke is dead and a new president in office, but that doesn't mean that all of his supporters are gone with him. Earth has shown a certain ambition in the past. . .and they still have some access to Shadow technologies, not all of which might've been turned over after the war. And there is the looming Telepath War and the fall of Psi Corps to consider. Earth is going to have an interesting time in the years between Babylon 5 and Crusade. Opens a lot of windows for storytelling oppurtunities.

Minbar is healed, but not everyone is going to be thrilled with the new Worker Caste dominated Grey Council. There could be rumors of a potential coup in the works, or rogue elements like the followers of the Trigati. And the Shadowsouled are out there, in more of a position of power than ever thanks to the departure of the Shadows. The Drakh may very well welcome them back with open arms.

Narn is healing, but it's going to be some time before her people are fully recovered from the horrors the Centauri put them through. I tend to hope that more Narns will follow G'Kar's example than embrace hatred, but one never truly knows with the Narn. Whether they choose to embrace the ideals of the ISA and G'Kar or continue the cycle of blood and terror is anyone's guess.

The ISA will be everywhere in the years following the first series. The Rangers will be keeping the peace and protecting the peoples of the alliance, and a relative calm will settle over the universe. The Drakh will be moving behind the scenes, but in the brief period between B5 and Crusade you could play with the idea of a generally happy and contented universe. . .or one catching it's breath between calamaties. Raiders may crop back onto the scene again, crime organizations like the Thieves' Guild, etc. Rogue telepaths on the run from Psi Corps, refugees between worlds, and a vast, empty universe that has no one moving in the dark between the stars. . .for now.

And then there are the Shadows and the Vorlons. They're gone, but their worlds remain. Who knows what creations they've made, what other servitors beyond the Drakh and the Minbari could be moving through their space, using the resources of their departed masters to forward their patrons' agenda? Has anyone dared send an expedition to Z'ha'dum. . .or been contacted by someone already there? Possibilities abound. :twisted:

-Def

Defender said:
Has anyone dared send an expedition to Z'ha'dum. . .or been contacted by someone already there?
-Def

It was blown up when Sheridan, Bester and co. went to take a look.

Nice plot points, there is indeed plenty of places to spin off a campaign in the years immediatly following B5, as well as the arcs in the novels and Crusade.

Frag, Greg beat me to it by mere minutes.

Although we know the Shadows seeded their tech and equipment all over the galaxy, maybe there are significant stashes of equipment elsewhere?

LBH

Yeah, I just caught it as I'm making my way through No Surrender, No Retreat. Damn shame. Z'ha'dum had such a wonderful air of brooding menace to it. But, the Shadows were resourceful, and their servants have hidden themselves all over the galaxy. They might find a sister world to that most covetous of places.

Another story element to consider doesn't come from the series proper. The unknown and terrible entities of Thirdspace could always make an attempted re-emergence. An IPX expedition poking it's avaricious nose in where it really, really shouldn't be. The players have to come in and find some way to reverse the process before a door that should never be opened is opened again. As the Vorlon essence said ' One mistake. . .of so many. ' ;)

-Def.

Back