Poll: Large Meks or Small Meks?

What Size Mek Miniatures Would Be Best for A2089?

• 6"-8" tall Mek figures are great, and I'd buy enough for gaming use.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6"-8" tall Mek figures are good, and I might buy 1-2 for display.

• I prefer smaller Mek figures, and I'd buy 1 or 2.

• I prefer smaller Mek figures, and I'd buy enough for gaming use.

• I would prefer ultra-small Mek figures (under 1" tall)

• I don't care what size they are, I'll buy 1-2 anyway.

• I don't care what size they are, I'll buy enough for gaming use anyway.

• I don't care what size they are, I'll not buy any.

• Total voters

Elfman

Mongoose
According to Mongoose Matt, they are planning a revision of Armageddon 2089, and one of the ideas he listed as a possible change was:

msprange said:
4. Full miniatures support - Each Mek comes in its own mini-box set with a bunch of different weapons options. They need their own box sets, as the miniatures (plastic and/or metal) will be around 6-8 inches high. There will be parts packs available to seriously customise Meks and maybe built in magnets to quickly swap arms and such like. All Meks will be in scale with each other.
I am very much in favor of miniature support for A2089, but as I stated in a different thread, I am against Meks of this size ("around 6-8 inches high"). My objections in a nutshell are:
  • • They make modelling tectical encounters virtually impossible on a normal-sized table except at extremely short range.
    • a. Characters rarely run around in tactical mode on the same map as Meks at the same time.
      b. Meks do encounter infantry more frequently, but these are often run in squad mode, and don't need individual minis as such.
      c. Most Mek vs. Mek (or Mek vs. tanks/infantry units/whatever) encounters usually begin with ranges greater than 0.5 km, usually closer to 1km. If the scale is such that a 8" Mek = 10m tall, then you'd need 33.3 FEET (10.2m) to represent only 0.5km!
    • They will be more expensive than smaller miniatures.
    • Some people have pointed out that the Shadowrun figures of similar size have not sold successfully, as most gamers feel like they are "playing with dolls". I believe this will be true of the larger Mek figures as well.
Please vote above, and especially let us know WHY in a post here. Even if your vote is you don't care, it will help Matt and the Mongoose team decide what would be best for the revised Armageddon 2089.

I prefer a smaller scale for Mek Combat use.
This would make them more affordable and better for game play.

The 6-8" scale would have it's uses though. At 8" you could make a (slightly under scale) Large size Warmek for use with 30mm minis.
They would be right for a ground scale of 1" = 2m.

IMHO the small scale would be best for full range production and the large scale could be used for a few popular designs as collector pieces.

Lane Shutt said:
I prefer a smaller scale for Mek Combat use.
This would make them more affordable and better for game play.

The 6-8" scale would have it's uses though. At 8" you could make a (slightly under scale) Large size Warmek for use with 30mm minis.
They would be right for a ground scale of 1" = 2m.

IMHO the small scale would be best for full range production and the large scale could be used for a few popular designs as collector pieces.

Thats a good idea. I doubt I'd game with the minis so the big ones appeal to me. Obviously Mongoose wants to sell more than a few to someone who wants them for display though.

Back