Please give me some details about Road of Kings

Vincent791

Mongoose
This is my next buy, but I've not seen the book in México and my local store can'te get it for me, so a friend is gonna be in the US and maybe he could bring it to me.

I'd like to know about the content of the book (info, gazeteer, art, rules?). Thanks in advance!

Each country of Hyboria is described in great detail. Most details are derived from pastiche. Some stats for beasts, monsters. Artwork ranging from good to very nice. A wonderful book. You won't regret buying it! 8)

I would say it has been the best release so far (that I have read) in the Conan line, which is saying something as there have been plenty of great ones. Even if you don't play Conan, it's worth buying if you have a slight interest in the Hyborian world and Conan books, there's some great information on each province and a ton of adventure hooks if that is what you are after too...

it is great as it covers the lot with enougth information so your players can base themselves their but not enougth to spoil the suprises as a dm you can run so it is a recommended buy in my book too

Damn! Now I need it!

Even if you don't play Conan, it's worth buying if you have a slight interest in the Hyborian world and Conan books

Man, I'm in! When I bought the Core book I thought that although I couldn't get a party to play with, the book has covered its price just with the gazeteer.

Yes, I also love Road Of Kings. It is the best resource book for the game in my opinion and a great book to just pour over and discover cool tidbits about the Hyborian world! That is one of my favorite parts of Roleplaying, the books filled up with made of stuff! Mmmm, imagination-y

Vincent791 said:
Damn! Now I need it!

Even if you don't play Conan, it's worth buying if you have a slight interest in the Hyborian world and Conan books

Man, I'm in! When I bought the Core book I thought that although I couldn't get a party to play with, the book has covered its price just with the gazeteer.

Then you will definitely love Road Of Kings :)

Across The Thunder River has some great stuff as well, I recommend them both, even if you don't play the game.

Could you give me some details about "Across the Thunder River" too?

I'm worried that it just covers a small area of the Hyborian world.

It gives information about Picts and the people of the Westermarck. It details various tribes, offers an adventure, feats and spells. What exactly are you wanting to know?

Back