Play By Post -- Looking for players

mr31337

Mongoose
Classic Adventure
on the edge of the Imperium
during the Fifth Frontier War!

Strictly Business is a PBEM/PBP ‘classic campaign’ starting for Mongoose: Traveller.

The setting is the OTU in the classic period during the Fifth Frontier War in the Spinward Marches. The intention is to start off with a linear campaign structure starting in Glisten to get players & GM better acquainted and then allow a more relaxed sandbox style of play around District 268 linking sessions with a mixture of different types of adventures.

It is anticipated that much of the setting will focus on operating a starship, with trade being a necessary motivator. The overarching theme is that of fairly ordinary people in a series of extraordinary situations. Well played 'underdog' characters are generally favoured. The players will face many difficult choices between ethics and duty. Good roleplay will be encouraged and rewarded through the House Rules on Karma(XP) and Character Improvement.

A few aspects of the OTU will be ‘toned down’ to fit into a universe based on harder science rather than pure fiction, such as psionics, although as far as possible the GM will try to remain canonical. All relevant Mongoose Traveller material will be allowed by default, but specific rules may be considered on a case by case basis if not already listed on the main website. The only race available to PC’s will be human.

Mature, patient players will be best suited to this campaign. Notions of ‘winning’ will probably lead to disappointment, this is going to be a gritty campaign and may not pander to big egos. Combat should be considered very carefully and not taken lightly, House Rules concerning Combat have increased the plausibility & potential lethality. Player actions will have a realistic consequence.

If you can handle it and have the time to commit to posting three times or more a week reply to this thread or PM me. A good working knowledge of the rules would be an advantage, but is not essential. If you have roleplay experience I’ll help you through the rules. However, I do strongly recommend you own a copy of the Core Rulebook and also recommend a copy of the supplement Central Supply Catalogue, but a copy of the free SRD will suffice.

---------

I've paid up front for 3 years of quality, unlimited hosting, put up a customized forum with secure dice & other features built-in. Come take a look and read more details here http://foxhole53.org All you have to do is supply good roleplay.

For anybody else reading this thread, we're currently full at eight players.

The action hasn't started yet (everybody is still rolling up characters) and people may drop out, so feel free to come over and watch with the opportunity to join if we get more spaces.

I note that the site also has a "Your Game Here" section. Is that open now or are you waiting for things to settle with SB?

JRoss said:
I note that the site also has a "Your Game Here" section. Is that open now or are you waiting for things to settle with SB?

I am going to wait until I am properly settled with SB and after that it will be an offer exclusive to people I am familiar with (ie have played with them in other games) who are interested in hosting a game of their own that I'd enjoy hosting &/or playing, or for other games in which I am already playing who wish to transfer to my site. However, at the moment I'm far to busy to consider anything.

You might consider Obsidian Portal as an alternative.

Back