Planting a Flag...

Traveller; seek out new life forms and new civilisations.
And eat them*, according to this thread...

*Unless your Vilani, in which case you make beer out of them and drink them...

Hmm I guess it all depends on ones personal taste, so you could use batter or just use butter! Either way, still Finger Licking Mmm Mmm Good!

Lord High Munchkin said:
Do you batter it first?

Chirpers are far to hard to find individualy, to do much preparation (damn psionics).
I take them battered in whatever happened to be around when we bombard their planet from orbit.

Damn Humans always claiming everything.

The Aslan will kill you, enslave your children and take all of your land.

Lovely juicy land.... yum....

But only if someone gives you Jump Drive first... :)

Z Baron said:
I Claim This Forum in the Name of the Solomani!
........You do realise, of course, that we Hivers made you say that? ;)
Lazy Wombat said:
"Our Zhodani spies knew you were going to do that."

But the Hivers set it all up.
...indeed we did...
Flynn said:
The Hivers have simply allowed you all to believe you came up with this of your own volition...;)
...Tsk tsk, Flynn, you should know me better by now ;) the others are slowly getting the idea...
tjoneslo said:
You know, if those silly Hiver persist in claiming this was all their idea, someone will show them the error of their ways. Up close and personal.
...ever seen the Ithklur in action? Brutal, man, just brutal ;) ...
Tathlum said:
Because they lack the balls (literally) to do it themselves.
...and so we do, but the Ithklur more than make up for any deficiencies...

.......plus, we were here first and have, in fact, claimed all of these boards for the Hive Federation.....

.....but you wouldn't know that, cos we Manipulated the Mods and Admins ;)

SM said:
Damn Humans always claiming everything.

The Aslan will kill you, enslave your children and take all of your land.

Lovely juicy land.... yum....

But only if someone gives you Jump Drive first... :)

Nice try puny human, but Aslan are one of the Six Major Races. Aslan developed the Jump Drive on our own!

Nice try puny human, but Aslan are one of the Six Major Races. Aslan developed the Jump Drive on our own!

So the crashing of the Terran ship Pathfinder on Kusyu in -2010 from which the jump drive was copied with human assistance (and was such an honourable event that it was kept secret for over 3000 years) had nothing to do with it?

qstor said:
But the K'Kree will over run ALL of space, from the ground. :D

Mike
Ummmm! K'Kree burgers! :)

I'll see your uppity herbivore and raise him with a *much* superior talking canine!

Vargr rules!

Bygoneyrs said:
You know I always hated the Computer Virus idea, would a Bio Hazard like a plague like Resident Evil have been so much better. Flesh eating Zombies in space....hmmm!!!

Cruchy and tastes like ...Chicken!

Penn
That would have been fine with me.

What I did with Virus was have it pass through the whole area of Charted Space and then totally burn out never to be seen again. It left behind a *long* Long Night, a DEEP distrust for machines in general and a bitter hatred for Artificial Intelligences. That gave me small "pocket empires", lots of primitive planets, tons and tons of ruins to explore, a "universe" wide desire to stay fairly low tech where the brains and labor of men (vargr, aslan, etc) are much preferred to the computer and machine.

Eris, it almost sounds like a Dune type of setting (pre Empire of course).

While I thought the original Dune movie left much to be desired, I liked the visuals of an iron-clad steam engine powering a starship. Almost steampunk.

Well actually I like the "Rage" from both 28Days, and 28Weeks Latter but feel that a plague like that could burn/spread across space by infected victums fleeing from ravaged worlds. It will kill much of the population and leave everything mostly standing, but with neglect comes ruin and etc. Throw in war and other matters and you could have a ruin that would be fun to explore.

Penn

Rikki Tikki Traveller said:
Eris, it almost sounds like a Dune type of setting (pre Empire of course).

While I thought the original Dune movie left much to be desired, I liked the visuals of an iron-clad steam engine powering a starship. Almost steampunk.
It does, doesn't it?

I wonder where I \-stole-\...ur, borrowed...that idea from? :)

Assuming that Mongoose Publishing are going to set the rules in the Golden Age of the OTU, I think The Third Imperium or Third Imperium would work nicely. However, if they're not, then,.............

I dunno! :lol:

Back