Pictures of gaming tables?

Inspired by the many photo-threads recently, and with me asking for ideas about dust clouds, I thought it would be interesting to ask you:

How do your gaming tables look like? What do you use as terrain, do you have a table or do you use a mat, that kind of things.

I mean, space tables do not all have to look like black areas with some white sprinkles on them, do they? :wink:

Here´s an example:

aufstellung.jpg

It´s not actually my own gaming table (although these are my planets), but rather the space table (originally meant for BFG) of my gaming club. I admit that there´s not much in regards to terrain as such, but it´s the best picture I could come up with spontaneously...

The funny thing is, that there´s a small painted Star Wars Death Star hidden somewhere on the edge betwen the stars... it´s become kind of a ritual so search for it before starting to play (it´s darn small, and I swear it´s actually moving around! :D )

Very nice tables. I'll have to clean mine off before I take a pic. We are playing on the 29th so I'll take some pics then and post them. The table is 6'x8'. It used to be 8'x8', but when we moved it to my basement it wouldn't fit, so we just knocked it down to 6'x8'.

Burger said:
http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h13/ChBurger/Gaming%20table/
:D

Whose are those tables, they are truly awesome. I reckon the guys who play on those are truly gods, I can picture them now...three of them 8)

nothing much here, I just use mats...I have to travel to play, so portability is the priority for me. My local shop doesn't mind providing space to play, but the don't have any space boards.

Chern

Not much point in posting mone. Just imagine a 6' x 4' black board covered in blackboard paint. Sorry, chalkboard paint. You're allowed Whiteboards, now, but not Blackboards...

Wulf

Wulf Corbett said:
Not much point in posting mone. Just imagine a 6' x 4' black board covered in blackboard paint. Sorry, chalkboard paint. You're allowed Whiteboards, now, but not Blackboards...

Wulf

What else will PC correctness rename, Black Puddings?

Two tables `large` at 12 by 4 and still a wide band to put beer and ashtrays on as well as books, and two more coming in november.
P1000159.jpg

my photobucket is full with games on the table

Reaverman said:
Our table is due for a make over soon, might renovate it with my new air brush...what say you Burger?
I say its not worth renovating, just make more ;)
The main expense is the gaffer tape and the spray paints... since the gaffer tape is the part that'd need re-doing and there is plenty of spray paint left, might as well spend a couple of quid to make 2 more :D

Burger said:
Reaverman said:
Our table is due for a make over soon, might renovate it with my new air brush...what say you Burger?
I say its not worth renovating, just make more ;)
The main expense is the gaffer tape and the spray paints... since the gaffer tape is the part that'd need re-doing and there is plenty of spray paint left, might as well spend a couple of quid to make 2 more :D

Or use my airbrush, and get more interesting effects ;)

I think he may want to use his NEW airbrush.....just a guess mind! :lol:
Sweet looking tables guys.

Barry

For those in the States, I found that JoAnn's fabric carries a black felt impregnated with glitter. The process of putting the glitter on seems to have sealed the felt a bit, so it tends to hold up well over the long-term. Here's a couple photos so you can see what it looks like on the table:

Earthforce8.JPG

Gameplay4.JPG

TheDaleManuever2.JPG

I like your use of BFG blast markers, I use them too. And the planet template, and moon, and the big fiery template of E-MINE DOOM!

Back