Pictures of Forth, SST Prepaints, Tanks

Greg Smith

Mongoose
I took a few pictures while at the ACTA tourney. They're not brilliant I'm afraid.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

And you have probably seen these before:
pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

Lieutenant Rasczak said:
The Forth are gorgeous!

Well. The white walker is nice. Blue one I'm not sure. Need to see it from another angle first before I'll give my final judgement.

Prepaint Grizzlies - ok.

Prepaint LAMI - looking good, but is it just me, or the heads look like they're way too big? Could be the pic though.

Prepaint Forth - well, all can say is damn. The unpainted mock-ups looked pretty nice but this... More like cheap Korean toys, than miniatures for a wargame. Guess I'll be sticking to my bugs... Could be just the paint scheme though.

Prepaint Warrior Bug - very nice. If MGP keeps up doing prepainted bugs in this fashion, I can say that it's the Arachnifds who will benefit most from being prepainted. Thumbs up!

BF:EVO Tanks - nothing special really. But then again, I wouldn't expect anything special about them, since they're based on modern battle tanks, not sci-fi do-hikeys with lots of zappy extras.

Skinny Speeders - look quite nice, but then again, not the best pic.

All in all, not bad prepaints (the LAMI heads need some work I think), apart from the Forth...

Of course everything is IMO.

Any possibility you actually got to put you hands on some of them. If so, how do they "feel" . More specifically, can you tell if they're made from the same type plastic as the current stuff or are they different.

Also, do they look like they are manufactured in color or were they actually painted.

Here's hoping that they are still hard plastic and mfg. with the color.

Waiting for answer with fingers crossed.

-JM

tneva82 said:
Lieutenant Rasczak said:
The Forth are gorgeous!

Well. The white walker is nice. Blue one I'm not sure. Need to see it from another angle first before I'll give my final judgement.

The Blue one is very, well - BLUE Lol! Cameras never take well with large areas on one colour.

Don_Silvarro said:
Prepaint LAMI - looking good, but is it just me, or the heads look like they're way too big? Could be the pic though.

They are the same models, just in plastic and pre-painted Lol. Its possibly the picture.

Don_Silvarro said:
Prepaint Forth - well, all can say is damn. The unpainted mock-ups looked pretty nice but this... More like cheap Korean toys, than miniatures for a wargame. Guess I'll be sticking to my bugs... Could be just the paint scheme though.

I disagree, they look great. All I can say is the cheap Korean toys you have seen must be a DAMN SIGHT BETTER than the ones I have looked at Lol!

The big heads probably are a result of the angle of the shot - as for the blue walker, it kinda reminds me of the Atreides Mongoose mech from Emperor: The battle for Dune. Kinda fitting, really :)

I actually like the angularity of the model, as it looks very unique set aside the MI mechs.

Lieutenant Rasczak said:
I disagree, they look great. All I can say is the cheap Korean toys you have seen must be a DAMN SIGHT BETTER than the ones I have looked at Lol!

Could be, but I'm exagerrating a bit here :wink:

I've layed my devilish gaze on them again and... I guess I just don't like the 'nice, shiny, just ot of the assembly line' style, with bright contrasting colours. Same goes to the BF:EVO tanks and the Speeders really. I guess they would really look better after some weathering and adding paint chips etc. And with a less bright and contrasting colour scheme. I might buy one of those and apply weathering to that paint scheme just to see how it would look.

Lieutenant Rasczak said:
Lorcan Nagle said:
Looking at the blue one again, the feet could do with some work.

Its the choice of colours, They aren't a flattering mix.

Even so, if you compare it with the white and red suit, it's got the raised section and the mechanical parts on the ankle assembly which help to break the scheme up a bit, which the blue suit doesn't have. If you placed a similar raised area on the blue suit's foot, had it painted yellow and the surrounding area blue, it'd look much better. Adding some detail to the ankle/tigh section would help too, though I think it's meant to be armoured.

Don_Silvarro said:
Lieutenant Rasczak said:

Could be, but I'm exagerrating a bit here :wink:

I've layed my devilish gaze on them again and... I guess I just don't like the 'nice, shiny, just ot of the assembly line' style, with bright contrasting colours. Same goes to the BF:EVO tanks and the Speeders really. I guess they would really look better after some weathering and adding paint chips etc. And with a less bright and contrasting colour scheme. I might buy one of those and apply weathering to that paint scheme just to see how it would look.

The Blue one is a 'bit much' Blue and Yellow are difficult to 'pull off' properly.

It used to bug me when people put silver Paint Chips on space marine tanks for 40k, according to the fluff they are made of an advanced ceramic not metal!

I would imagine the Forths fighting machines wouldn't 'chip' personally, especiall if they are very advanced technologically! Weathering and scorchings a different matter though, that can only enhance a miniatures 'look'.

I plan on re-doing my bases on all my pre-paints myself though.

Lorcan Nagle said:
Lieutenant Rasczak said:
Lorcan Nagle said:
Looking at the blue one again, the feet could do with some work.

Its the choice of colours, They aren't a flattering mix.

Even so, if you compare it with the white and red suit, it's got the raised section and the mechanical parts on the ankle assembly which help to break the scheme up a bit, which the blue suit doesn't have. If you placed a similar raised area on the blue suit's foot, had it painted yellow and the surrounding area blue, it'd look much better. Adding some detail to the ankle/tigh section would help too, though I think it's meant to be armoured.

It looks like a 'Tank' variety doesn't it.

yea, you could just add some 'furniture' to odd places to 'interest' it up!

Lieutenant Rasczak said:
It used to bug me when people put silver Paint Chips on space marine tanks for 40k, according to the fluff they are made of an advanced ceramic not metal!

Well bummer, here it says it's advanced ceramics, and there you have reinforced adamantium hulls... GW ain't really keen on keeping their fluff consistent. I'll stay with the adamantium/other metal camp, and in that case you can't really do anything about chipping paint (other than the Tech-Priest reciting The Blessed Canticle Of Divine Paint Coverage)

Wow, I WILL repaint the forth though. I dont like the cheap Japanese toy look to them. I will mech-warrior, dirtify them. Otherwise, brillig boyo.

Cheers!!

Back