Perfect Gift

Would you get this game as a gift for your friend?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This other answer is treason

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mark Dunder

Mongoose
Every time I try to find that perfect gift for a friend, either for their birthday or for Christmas. I look and look forever. Until now that is.

It just occured to me (shows how slow I am), that Paranoia is just the perfect gift to put a smile on your friend! It is one gift they will never forget, and they will thank you for such an inspirational book.

I can hardly wait for Christmas again! It's only 321 days away!

Christmas has been deemed treasoness. It will now be known as Computermass.

This will join the others now known as:

St. Computer's Day

Rebootster - Celebrating the tragic crash of [deleted due to security reasons] and the glorious reboot 3 days later.

Valentines Day - Which is still known by the same name, only the Computer is everyone's valentine. Send cards to your local confession booth.

xombie, it's best and most helpful when people ask general questions to not reply in pseudo-PARANOIA speak. It doesn't really provide any useful assistance and could potentially put people off PARANOIA altogether. We don't want that to happen now do we?

Of course PARANOIA will make a great gift. You might want to sound someone out to see if they're vaguely interested before making the purchase. I've been quite surprised talking to friends and colleagues to find they show a genuine interest in the premise of PARANOIA. I haven't, as of yet, had a chance to buy someone a copy as a present, however, as those who've shown an interest have actually gone out and bought they own!

Paul

PaulB said:
xombie, it's best and most helpful when people ask general questions to not reply in pseudo-PARANOIA speak. It doesn't really provide any useful assistance and could potentially put people off PARANOIA altogether. We don't want that to happen now do we?
I actually meant to have a simple yes amongst all that. So yes, from my point of view it would make a great gift. I would love to recieve Paranoia as a gift.

Oh and I hardly think your criticism was necessary since this wasn't a question of if it's a good idea but rather if you yourself would buy such a gift.

Dunderm is obviously already a Paranoia fan, so I doubt I'll be putting him off with my reply. He did include a "pseudo-Paranoia" reply in the poll to begin with.

On the day when an actual newb comes asking us for ideas, then I'll offer a clearer more helpful response. If you'll direct your attention to the "So sell me Paranoia" thread, you'll find that I offer a simple answer to this person's question. However, when it comes to a poll with one serious answer and one that's obviously a humorous one, I'll reply how I feel thanks.

xombie, I thought your answer was funny! By the way, that would make a good list for the Computer's Calendar!

But I was being serious (a little). PaulB does have a point, and I suppose just wrapping up a Paranoia manual might not necessarily make a topsider happy. But it might!

dunderm said:
xombie, I thought your answer was funny! By the way, that would make a good list for the Computer's Calendar!

But I was being serious (a little). PaulB does have a point, and I suppose just wrapping up a Paranoia manual might not necessarily make a topsider happy. But it might!
Yeah, I did mean to include a serious answer in there, I replied upon waking up from a nap and as such missed where I'd forgotten to.

I say be covert, run the person through a Paranoia game and see. My group would love getting the corebook for this or another RPG since I'm the one who tends to love running non-DnD games and these guys can't really afford to purchase every crazy game I get my hands on. They have families, and wives, I just have a girlfriend who likes to game and is understanding. So from my perspective RPG Books of any kind would make great gifts for my friends.

I'm already considering doing this for AFMBE and Godlike since they all seem to like playing those games when I run them. Paranoia is shaping up to be another hit.

dunderm said:
AFMBE and Godlike

What are these games, haven't heard of them (and several other thousand more :) ).
Ah yes, well these games now joined with Paranoia form the holy trinity of my gaming obsession. :D

Godlike - Superhero Roleplaying in World War 2. Very tight and interesting system in which one roll determines the outcome of every player's action in and out of combat. This like Paranoia is a rules light fun heavy system.

www.arcdream.com/godlike/home/index.htm

AFMBE or All Flesh Must Be Eaten - Zombie survival horror at it's very best. The Unisystem is my favorite gaming system overall. There are many other games that Eden publishes utilizing this system.

www.allflesh.com/flesh.html
www.edenstudios.net

Fantastic, Superheroes are nearly my favorite subject, and zombies (uh huh, no kidding, you believe me, right?).

But really, I like superheroes a lot. Some movies I like on this subject are: Unbreakable, Mystery Men (really like this one, some Paranoia aspects here), and of course all the Marvel ones. I'm not really into Batman or Superman, but I collect the movies anyway.

I have tons of Superhero RPGs. I don't have many zombie ones.

Thanks for the links!

dunderm said:
Fantastic, Superheroes are nearly my favorite subject, and zombies (uh huh, no kidding, you believe me, right?).

But really, I like superheroes a lot. Some movies I like on this subject are: Unbreakable, Mystery Men (really like this one, some Paranoia aspects here), and of course all the Marvel ones. I'm not really into Batman or Superman, but I collect the movies anyway.

Thanks for the links!
Not a problem, the creator's of Godlike have a book called Wild Talents in the works which will deal with everything after WW2. It's cool there's a whole progression going on in the world of Godlike. During WW2 supers are rather new and not so powerful, but as time progresses, the powers grow and by modern day, we'll have a full on supers world. This game rocks so hard!

xombie said:
dunderm said:

Thanks for the links!
Not a problem, the creator's of Godlike have a book called Wild Talents in the works which will deal with everything after WW2. It's cool there's a whole progression going on in the world of Godlike. During WW2 supers are rather new and not so powerful, but as time progresses, the powers grow and by modern day, we'll have a full on supers world. This game rocks so hard!

That kind of sounds like the Wold Newton family.

Back