Parents are great!

l33tpenguin

Mongoose
My dad rocks. So, I'm all deployed out in the middle east right now, and just heard like 2 weeks ago about the whole 'stopping the minis' thing. I was bummed, because I knew I didn't have the cash to fill out my fleets like I wanted to (or to start some, for that matter) I only really have a small EA and Centauri fleet.

Well, I just got a message from my dad saying he picked me up the following:

1 Babylon 5 A Call To Arms Civilian Fleet Box
1 Babylon 5 Earth Alliance Apollo Cruiser
2 Babylon 5 Earth Alliance Warlock Advanced Destroyer Miniature
1 Babylon 5 A Call to Arms Earth Alliance Crusade Era Fleet Box Set

Whoo hoo!
i had just ordered an Apollo and a Third Age fleet set tonight. Looks like I'll be doing good! The company said the Warlocks were out of stock, but they had more coming in. Think 2 is enough? They are such sweet looking ships.

I think it's cool that your Dad even knows your tastes and needs enough to get you miniatures that you needed! My parents would have never been able to do that for me. Not even my wife and kids would know. The guys I game with would probably be able to do it.

Good luck over there penguin. I've had a good friend of mine do two tours over there so far, and I breathe a sigh of relief each time he comes home.

and Kudos to your dad as well!

Chern

Delthos said:
I think it's cool that your Dad even knows your tastes and needs enough to get you miniatures that you needed! My parents would have never been able to do that for me. Not even my wife and kids would know. The guys I game with would probably be able to do it.

Ha.. well, I have a thethingsiwant.com list that I keep updated. It helps :p

Chernobyl said:
Good luck over there penguin. I've had a good friend of mine do two tours over there so far, and I breathe a sigh of relief each time he comes home.

and Kudos to your dad as well!

Chern

I can't wait to get home. I miss my wife and kid. Its only six months, but its going to be a long six months

And another here.

I find it amazing that your dad was aware MGP was stopping production. My parents wouldn't have had the first clue...

l33tpenguin said:
My dad rocks. So, I'm all deployed out in the middle east right now, and just heard like 2 weeks ago about the whole 'stopping the minis' thing. I was bummed, because I knew I didn't have the cash to fill out my fleets like I wanted to (or to start some, for that matter) I only really have a small EA and Centauri fleet.

Well, I just got a message from my dad saying he picked me up the following:

1 Babylon 5 A Call To Arms Civilian Fleet Box
1 Babylon 5 Earth Alliance Apollo Cruiser
2 Babylon 5 Earth Alliance Warlock Advanced Destroyer Miniature
1 Babylon 5 A Call to Arms Earth Alliance Crusade Era Fleet Box Set

Whoo hoo!
i had just ordered an Apollo and a Third Age fleet set tonight. Looks like I'll be doing good! The company said the Warlocks were out of stock, but they had more coming in. Think 2 is enough? They are such sweet looking ships.

I have an Avenger, 2 Warlocks (1 in the box), 3 Novas (1 In the box), 2 Oricals and 2 Olympus if you would like to take them off my hands.

Ohhh.. Thats tempting! I'll probably have to clear it with the mrs. She keeps track of the budget and gets snippy if there are deductions from the account she wasn't expecting.

l33tpenguin said:
Ohhh.. Thats tempting! I'll probably have to clear it with the mrs. She keeps track of the budget and gets snippy if there are deductions from the account she wasn't expecting.

best to keep the wife happy. family first!

Chern

Isn't that the truth! She wasn't happy when she saw the $100 order I put in, but I told her I had cancelled something else I had ordered that was on backorder and it refunded $160, so she was placated :p

Queeny, I sent you a PM about the ships, lemme know!

Back