Painting B5 minis, a small guide.

Jal

Mongoose
go to the link provided to see how it can be done.

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/b5/b5minis.htm

the ships shown are the old AOG mini series, and some assembly instructions are out of date when the moulds were redone to make them easier to build (ie single piece castings instead of multiple parts for some of the more complicated ones).

some of it might be too detailed for minis that are meant to be used in games, but the pictures and painting instructions should at least help people see what can be done with them. :)

As a quick question, are the minis cast from the old AoG molds? I seemed to get this idea from other thread, but I'm not sure...

Balance said:
As a quick question, are the minis cast from the old AoG molds? I seemed to get this idea from other thread, but I'm not sure...

The moulds are taken from the AoG masters seemingly...

frobisher said:
Balance said:

The moulds are taken from the AoG masters seemingly...

I don't mind this, to be honest. If the moulds are fine (in good condition) and the castings are fine, then to me it doesn't matter. I'd imagine it cuts down on R&D costs a fair bit, so that resources can be put into the ships that didn't get made the first time, such as the Excalibur. 8)

Plus, I'm looking forward to see what new stuff comes up. I'd love to see miniatures from the 'Legend of the Rangers', for example..

Chobbly

Back