Ordering question re "Atlantean Ed" via amazon.ca

Gwarh

Mongoose
I am looking to Order the Atlantean ed of the Conan Core rulebook via www.amazon.ca (canadian version of Amazon)

is there any way to tell what the version is that I am ordering online? Are the ISBN number sequences different? Did Mongoose recall the original edition and replaced the Amazon stock with the Atlantean editions? Is it just easier to order the product from Mongoose in England and have it shipped to Canada?

Gwarh said:
I am looking to Order the Atlantean ed of the Conan Core rulebook via www.amazon.ca (canadian version of Amazon)

is there any way to tell what the version is that I am ordering online? Are the ISBN number sequences different? Did Mongoose recall the original edition and replaced the Amazon stock with the Atlantean editions? Is it just easier to order the product from Mongoose in England and have it shipped to Canada?
I asked this a while back via email and the answer I got was (to paraphrase) "it's most likely the Atlantean edition because the first printing sold out last January."

Sounds good enuff for me, if it sold out that long ago the odds are it didn't survive in stock at amazon.ca

Darth Mikey said:
The Atlantean Edition has a stone tablet on the cover with the words 'Atlantean Edition'. Here's a pic from the Mongoose catalog.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/rpg/detail.php?qsID=279&qsSeries=7

Alternately, after you receive your copy, send it to me and I'll verify the edition... :twisted:
The problem being that Amazon hasn't updated the image -- it's still that of the first edition, regardless of which edition they actually have for sale. They are notoriously lax with such things unless someone continues to make a big stink about it.

It's the same problem with amazon.de (Germany). I asked them which edition they sell; their answer was that you get the newest (i.e. Atlantean); if you get the old edition, you can send it back.

amazon.de has an option called "marketplace" where other dealers sell the same items at often VERY better prices. Usually they can answer those questions better, too.

Maybe it's the same with amazon.ca.

Thanks for all the info Fellers. And thanks for the tip re: the Market Place.

I'll have to check that out too and see if the Canadian "Marketplace" site has more books in the series.

Back