Once and for all, WHY do MEA/PLA infantry have Kill Scores?

These two types of units have NO armour! So what is the point of KILL scores if all you have to do is role against their TARGET scores? If you roll more than a Target score but less than their kill there's still no point, because there's no Armor save for PLA/MEA infantry to roll against! So basically as long as you roll more than their Target you got an instant kill!

So please Matt, what is the point of having KILL scores for PLA and MEA infantry?

How many times you guys going to ask this question? It has been answered many times before.

FOR COMPLETENESS.

Since the game is on hold, we have no knowlege if any variants/supplement or special traits and upgrades were in the works for those two forces. Players are free to add their own. Such as a body armor upgrade, OR a terrain modifier that effects the base armor rating.

People know me as a person that is NOT a fanboy of this game. But, there is no reason to bagger Matt and the staff over this question. Just as I had to let go the fact that the cards this company makes for this game will not meet my expectations, your going to have to let go on this issue.

Have fun.

The Old Soldier said:
How many times you guys going to ask this question? It has been answered many times before.

FOR COMPLETENESS.

Since the game is on hold, we have no knowlege if any variants/supplement or special traits and upgrades were in the works for those two forces. Players are free to add their own. Such as a body armor upgrade, OR a terrain modifier that effects the base armor rating.

People know me as a person that is NOT a fanboy of this game. But, there is no reason to bagger Matt and the staff over this question. Just as I had to let go the fact that the cards this company makes for this game will not meet my expectations, your going to have to let go on this issue.

Have fun.

Thanks, and sorry if it has been asked before. But I just had to know, it's been bugging me ever since.

Once and for all - because if they did not have them, you'd ask why they don't have them ;-) The reasons listed by TOS are also very good ones.

Apart from the possibility of those troops getting an armour save by some means in the future, another hypothetical is that there will sometime in the future be a weapon or some other dice roll which is checked against the kill value only (gas bombs perhaps?) regardless of the target value.

And I like the aesthetic aspect of it. When my ordinary MEA grunts have a kill value of 6+ but my fedayeen have 7+, it assures and reminds me of them being the most badass guys in the whole Middle East :D

Maybe not a new option for body armor, but perhaps a new advanced rule that takes into account a soldier's training and firearms skills?

I doubt medics would make much sense in a game in skirmish scale. Medics don't make wounded men stand up and continue to fight, they make wounded men not die so that they can be put back into circulation and be fielded in later battles. If you'd play a campaign of some sort it could be of significance whether a particular guy who failed his armour roll is dead or simply incapacitated, but in a one-off BFE game it wouldn't.

Except perhaps for the effect on morale the presence of a medic has. Knowing that a medic is ready to patch you up makes you less fearful of getting wounded. It could be simply represented by letting a medic count as, say, 3 models for the purpose of determining the amount of damage dice needed to suppress the unit.

Here is another way to look at it.

When you are playing a campain, the target and kill score are a way to tell who is wounded and who is actually out right dead. So after the battle you can tell how much of your unit needs rebuilding/repairing.

rogue1alpha said:
Here is another way to look at it.

When you are playing a campain, the target and kill score are a way to tell who is wounded and who is actually out right dead. So after the battle you can tell how much of your unit needs rebuilding/repairing.

Good thinking, and a excellent first post! :D

Back