On tribes, folks and people

Sabbak

Mongoose
Hi there,

Reading carefully the LW RpG gazeteer section I find many references about "Nael", "Vaderish", "Aluvian", "Tianese" and so on... "heritage" but I can't find a clear explanation on where they are from and what kind of physical differences (if any) they have.

I wonder if there is somewhere a kind of "summary" of all those different tribes/floks.

The thing is: they (all) have moved a lot during their history and it's now a bit confusing...

Can someone help me?

I'd assume that they were sorta like the different groups of humans like Tolkein had in middle earth. As to where they came from I don't know.

Were some of the tribes "special"? Meaning, did they have special abilities or unique civilizations that set them apart from everyone else? I hear alot of the word "Drodorian" mentioned throughout the book.

I'd like Mongoose to explore the idea of the different tribes of humans and the drodorain races more. I'd like to hear more detail about the different human groups and non human groups.

sunwolf

This would make a useful addition to an atlas or boxed set of maps of Magnamund if that were to be released. You could include information such as racial groups and their migrations and settlements, flora and Fauna, weather patterns, mineral deposits etc.

The Magnamund Companion had all those people's migrations across the continent mapped out.

The Drodarins encompass a few races, notably Dwarfs and Giants.

Sabbak said:
Is it possible to find this highly interresting "Magnamund Compagnon" somewhere?

Unfortunatley it is out of print and has been for quite some time it is down as one of the books to be published on Project Aon. However it seems to be the last book that they are going to publish so your best bet may be ebay or something like that. I'm hoping that most of it's content ends up as snippits in new Mongoose publications.

A lot of the information in the Magnamund Companion is republished and improved upon in the RPG book, mostly the Gazetteer. It also contains little games and an 80-paragraph adventure book, featuring Banedon as the hero.

It comes up fairly often on eBay.

You can also see scans of all its pages here, where you can presumably download it (I don't know how this web site got the rights to do it, but apparently they do):

http://www.lobo-solitario.com/

Looks like a very well put together resource, 180+ pages PDF document. Only problem is it's all in Spanish (not a problem for Spanish speakers of course, and it is a Spanish website so I can't really gripe), so the only thing I can understand are the maps (from the gamebooks - well scanned in) and the names of principle characters and places, Lobo Solitario of course being Lone Wolf himself.
If there are any plans to release an English verion of the project I would be very interested in seeing it.

If you click on the picture of the book it takes you to a page where you can down load the Maganamund Companion. There are two sections one includes the pages the other a little exe browser. Down load them both and unzip all files in the same directory. Use the exe to view the files. These pages are in English and look to be scanned straight from an English version. :)

I never cease to be amazed by the breadth of international support for Lone Wolf. I think it's great that there are Kai agents in so many different parts of Magnamund. :wink:

I'm not an expert, but from a quick glance, these scans do seem to be violating the license agreement at Project Aon

http://www.projectaon.org/license.htm

-GB

Ghost Bear said:
I'm not an expert, but from a quick glance, these scans do seem to be violating the license agreement at Project Aon

-GB

That's a pity there is some really great material in there...

Ghost Bear said:

-GB
Naa... They would be violating the Project Aon license if they belonged to the material released by Project Aon, but they don't. They are not covered by the Project Aon license, but the Project Aon license is not exclusive so it's entirely possible that they are legal. But, still, that would require permission from both Joe Dever, and all the illustrators...

Back