Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 feats

• 4 feats

• 5 feats

• Total voters
How many feats should an NPC of let's say movie icon status have? Not making him all powerful that they cannot be killed yet giving the players a run for the money?

Shouldn't it depend on the level of the NPC? I mean, if he's a human, and not some sort of monster, he should be a regular character (presumably "Ordinary Person" class, unless you want to introduce new classes...)

I'd say not many. Jason or Michael Myers didn't kill in new and interesting ways. They just got close and butchered. They were just hard to 'kill'. They didn't use techniques they learned. Now Hannibal Lector on the other hand, he would probably have more feats because he was highly intelligent and knowledgeable. He could teach people how to kill many times and not use the same technique twice.

Exactly however Jason seems to "teleport" to areas and he does possess super strength but not on a super hero level. Thanks for the input.

Mongoose Gar said:
I vaguely recall throwing a serial killer into the errata .pdf...

Here: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pdf/horrorfaq.pdf

Hope this helps.

So, does Jason actually "teleport" in the movies? I've not seen them all and never saw them in any order. I think I started with 3 and then bounced arond (trying to forget some of the awful plots and not wanting to see the guy in space, manhattan, or Hell).

Anyhow... is it "teleporting" as in ala Star Trek by mystical means - or is it merely the way the films are cut and the pacing of a movie?

- Stratos

It would seem to be more a matter of being in the right place at the right time (or the wrong time for the victims). It might warrant consideration as a Feat that modifies his abilities in some way - a speed sneak, perhaps? Or, just a lucky bonus to his initiative chances (I'm way out of current on how d20/OGL works).

kiln publications said:
It has been brought up on several horror forums that he might teleport. Thought it sounded cool.
Don

That's cool! I was just curious. I'm the first to admit that I'm not up on my horror as most seem to be. I've always been a sci-fi/fantasy person... and more sci-fi than fantasy. As I said in my previous post, I haven't even seen all the Jason movies. Or the Freddy flicks. I HAVE seen all the Michael Myers films though... because he is my favorite in the slasher genre (well, at least the first two films - and H20 had some good moments... heck, maybe I'm just a Jamie Lee Curtis fan and that's why I like Psycho...).

rambling on in my head...

- Stratos

Back