OGL Horror and Armageddon 2089?

A

Anonymous

Hi there,

Have any of you thought about using these two RPG's together? So, things like zombies piloting mechas; or, genetically-modified races up and about? Maybe even just using 'ties' and 'sanity checks' for the horrors of real-life war....

I thought some of you may have had a few ideas about this!

Regards,
Blue Crane

blue1crane said:
Maybe even just using 'ties' and 'sanity checks' for the horrors of real-life war....

I thought some of you may have had a few ideas about this!

Regards,
Blue Crane
Must admit, your have a rather excellent idea there. :idea:

While I'm not convinced that horror rules are needed for conventional combat they could be useful in a special ops/ espionage campaign. Resisting interrogation or morale effects when the enemy murders your family would be prime examples.

Another OGL Horror mechanic that would work well in A:2089 is the organizations. Replace occult with intelligence gathering and the system could describe anything from a small mercenary company to a national government. The largest change it would need is mechanics for increasing stats.

Ex. The Mek Company has only GPS and Comms subscriptions for satellites. By hiring several analysts and renting satellite time their Intel score increases. The satellite would give a fixed bonus while analysts bonus would depend on skills and numbers.

Same idea applies to other stats, employees add to force, information and response.

Think Robotech . . . Voltron . . . Ultraman . . . or Godzilla . . . Then you have a horror/2089 cross over! :)

I mean who says alien invaders aren't 20 feet tall?

PsyJack

The idea is excellent - Certainly theres something interesting in the idea of technology vs hideous entities like the Great Old Ones....

Back