OGL Cyber Tech Savant

A

Anonymous

In The Tech Savant's Robotechnology Ability description, it says to see the creature listings for the stats for their robots. But the book has no creature listing a all.

Love the Robotechnology name! What? No Protoculture? (I loved that show).

That's because there was no room left in the book for creatures of any kind. :) It's mostly a man versus man game anyway, but robots are asn important consideration.

Check out the Modern SRD for creatures, including some information on robots, and any future-based d20 game. Games Masters are urged to allow Tech Savants use these statistics in their scenarios, though some oversight may be required for play balance.

Hope this helps,
-A

Ouch! Bad call I say! Fast Forward Games use to do that alot in their books. For example, in their Prestige Class book, there were quite a few Prestige classes that had level abilities that said 'see such and such book' for stats on 'such and such'.

Bad forum in my eyes. Why would anyone want to be a tech savant when there are no stats listed for rbotos that can make with their ability? Not to mention it sounds like a major call for errata.

Also, the robots they make are merely tools and not full-fledged fighting machines. Perhaps a smiple stat block for both types they can make would be in order.

Fair enough. The Tech Savant has a number of other abilities that make them quite attractive as a character class option. I would not worry too much about the robot aspect of things. As for the base statistics for the robots themselves, try using these:

Tiny Robot: CR 1/4; Tiny construct; HD 1/2 d10; hp 5; Mas —; Init +2; Spd 20 ft. (treads), 30 ft. (bipedal), 40 ft. (quadrupedal), or 50 ft. (wheels); DV 13, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+2 size, +1 Dex); BAB +0; Grap –10; Atk +0 melee; Full Atk +0 melee or +3 ranged; FS 2 1/2 ft. by 2 1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.; SQ construct; AL none; SV Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +0; AP 0; Rep +0; Str 6, Dex 12, Con —, Int —, Wis 10, Cha 10.
Skills: None (unless programmed by a Tech Savant).
Feats: None.

A diminutive robot has all of the same statistics as listed above, but only has a Strength 3, 1/4 HD, and 2 hit points.

There. Happy now?

:)

-August

August is the man! :)

And wait `til you see what he and Moridin (Star Wars & d20 Modern) have in store for the CyberNet Official Roleplaying Soundtrack - exclusive stats baby! :)

- Stratos

Hey! Thank you for that August!! I love the fact that you people listen to us customers.

A+ for customer service skills!!!

i take it that if one have the d20 modern bookat hand you can look up the info there to?

Back