OBJECTIVE COUNTER CONTEST!!!

Hmm, smaller than a dinner plate dyssnowman? I don't know, but since poor Matt didn't specify a limit of how many entries per person (heh heh), here are some things I already had made up. I tried to keep them toward the small side of sizing.

Here is ye old scratching post-

20060419010236_scratch_post_cu.jpg

My ground-based Sarissa launcher-

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

You know, you can make a model out of a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g really... :wink:
(a greenhouse with an airlock, but now I'm all out of cookies!)-

DSC00217.jpg

Bruto: "Hey Rico, why don't you check out the hole first, OK?"

BBC_H.jpg

Here is an ammo dump "drop-pod" replenishing a squad-

SST_AMMO_POD.jpg

And last up, the single most important field "objective" any trooper needs... a loo (used the Brits' name for it, you know)- :wink:

SST_FIELD_LOO.jpg

dyssnowman said:
Ah well, doesn't matter anyway; you have already won. :D

Beautiful stuff as always. Love the loo; that is too funny!

Nah, today I was going to say count me out for voting. I want as many as possible to join into Matt's project. I think it's a great idea and I for one do not want to chase any possible winners away. I'm not going to be the cork in the bottle. I did want to share my creations though, as anyone would. So now that any possible defeatist attitude has been vanquished from this topic, what are you going to offer, eh? Come on now, as there are no more excuses, heh. :wink:

On the loo, it's really not a loo but I thought it would be funny to have the picture that way. It's a temporary barracks for the MI, using the concept of a geo-dome (Buckminster Fuller's idea). Yeah, I know that you know it's a modded soccer ball toy, but hey. It still works, no matter what it's made from. I've written a Monty's Modification article on it as a "Bucky Barracks" :lol: . I did mention in the article however that it could be used as a field bathroom though, see? Now get off your ass and post a photo, as you already declared that you now know how, heh.

BuShips said:
dyssnowman said:
Ah well, doesn't matter anyway; you have already won. :D

Beautiful stuff as always. Love the loo; that is too funny!

Nah, today I was going to say count me out for voting. I want as many as possible to join into Matt's project. I think it's a great idea and I for one do not want to chase any possible winners away. I'm not going to be the cork in the bottle. I did want to share my creations though, as anyone would. So now that any possible defeatist attitude has been vanquished from this topic, what are you going to offer, eh? Come on now, as there are no more excuses, heh. :wink:

On the loo, it's really not a loo but I thought it would be funny to have the picture that way. It's a temporary barracks for the MI, using the concept of a geo-dome (Buckminster Fuller's idea). Yeah, I know that you know it's a modded soccer ball toy, but hey. It still works, no matter what it's made from. I've written a Monty's Modification article on it as a "Bucky Barracks" :lol: . I did mention in the article however that it could be used as a field bathroom though, see? Now get off your ass and post a photo, as you already declared that you now know how, heh.
LOL, I knew the bucky balls where made from mini soccer balls :lol: , and you've gave me an idea, so next time I get some cookies I'll find a use for all the left over plastic and silk plants I have in my possesion, oh and sorry there dude, Mr Evil still has the best "Biffy-in-a-Jiffy"(those plastic blue ones) :shock: :p out there, oh and I've finished mine, didn't turn out how I really wanted it to though, sheet metal arch ammo dump roof ho!
Oh and I don't want to go in that, it looks like a carnivor :lol: "Higgins behind you :shock: !"

rico's roughnecks said:
LOL, I knew the bucky balls where made from mini soccer balls :lol: , and you've gave me an idea, so next time I get some cookies I'll find a use for all the left over plastic and silk plants I have in my possesion, oh and sorry there dude, Mr Evil still has the best "Biffy-in-a-Jiffy"(those plastic blue ones) :shock: :p out there, oh and I've finished mine, didn't turn out how I really wanted it to though, sheet metal arch ammo dump roof ho!
Oh and I don't want to go in that, it looks like a carnivor :lol: "Higgins behind you :shock: !"

Actually, C60 (carbon 60) exactly looks like a soccer ball (did we already discuss this in another thread?). They aren't "really" made from mini soccer balls though, because I didn't cut the part off that is flush with the ground :wink:. The "nasty" looking Bug Central should be coming out in a future S&P. It gave me the creeps as I was making it (eww!). Yeah, Higgins better check his back, eh? No worrys though as he always gets clear at the last second :lol: . Here is another angle on the greenhouse. It's lit up by two LED booklights...

DSC00220.jpg

The Ammo Pod makes sense in that troopers "on the move" would be able to call one down to replenish supplies.

Okay, BuShips, you called me out.

Here is the first one. It is a dead bug marker. I made a few of these from some broken warrior bugs that I had for a Klendathu mega battle that we did last year for a local games day.

100_4407-1.jpg

This next one was made for another local event. It was going to be the objective of a rescue scenario featuring the skinnies and exosuits. The interior is not detailed because I made it so that a miniature could be placed inside of it. I based the design on the escape capsule that Zander uses in the beginning of the Klendathu Campaign.

100_4404-1.jpg

100_4403-1.jpg

Editted 8/17: Put in the pictures via Photobucket. Hopefully this will help everyone see things.

Dyssnowman, I'm just getting filler pics with the myphotoalbum website name, and the same for your avatar. That's why I made the joke about seeing double before, as the pic was the same as that which was next to your avatar pic. If others are seeing the pics, then you are posting them correctly. The funny thing is that I just now experimented a bit by googling your website location (I used dyssnowman and myphotoalbum btw). Once I had viewed the specific pics one by one on the website with a different windows open, I was able each time to return to my other browser window and they showed up, somehow synchronizing. Weird, eh? When I closed the album page, they went back to the filler pic. I just want to be sure that others are viewing your pics ok and it's just "my" problem. :wink: Great creations, btw!

So now I'm calling everyone else out, heh :lol: .

Might have something to do with this clause at MyPhotoAlbum:

d. NON-PHOTO IMAGE DISTRIBUTION: To store and/or display non photo images for distribution; this includes, but is not limited to; game screen captures, movie screen captures, wallpapers, tags, anime, animated .gifs, buddy-icons, avatars, emoticons, and signatures (sigs).

They could be banning linking to pics directly from message boards to enforce this.

If you hyperlink the pic instead of embedding it on the page, that might get around it. If not the best way is to make a "photo page" in HTML on a website (use Geocities or something) and then point people here at it :)

The interesting bit is - if you have already viewed the image it is cached, and will display okay.

mthomason said:
Might have something to do with this clause at MyPhotoAlbum:

d. NON-PHOTO IMAGE DISTRIBUTION: To store and/or display non photo images for distribution; this includes, but is not limited to; game screen captures, movie screen captures, wallpapers, tags, anime, animated .gifs, buddy-icons, avatars, emoticons, and signatures (sigs).

They could be banning linking to pics directly from message boards to enforce this.

If you hyperlink the pic instead of embedding it on the page, that might get around it. If not the best way is to make a "photo page" in HTML on a website (use Geocities or something) and then point people here at it :)

The interesting bit is - if you have already viewed the image it is cached, and will display okay.

Your solution of hyperlinking might solve this. Another solution might be to have dyssnowman try photobucket.

BuShips said:
rico's roughnecks said:

Actually, C60 (carbon 60) exactly looks like a soccer ball (did we already discuss this in another thread?). They aren't "really" made from mini soccer balls though, because I didn't cut the part off that is flush with the ground :wink:. The "nasty" looking Bug Central should be coming out in a future S&P. It gave me the creeps as I was making it (eww!). Yeah, Higgins better check his back, eh? No worrys though as he always gets clear at the last second :lol: . Here is another angle on the greenhouse. It's lit up by two LED booklights...

DSC00220.jpg

The Ammo Pod makes sense in that troopers "on the move" would be able to call one down to replenish supplies.
Yep, remember the nanotech disccusion? Book Light LEDs? Sweet, I'll add those too, oh and good job with addiing the inking on top :)
I've made some corn and additional crops already, I just need the cookie box :lol: , I've used golf balls for some zerg-inspired eggs(god I love StarCraft :p ).
Oh and to see snowman's pics untill he gets photobucket, right click on the pics and click the properties section in the right click menu, and copy and paste the address section to the address part at the top of a window, like you would for a website link you're to lazy to type or remember

BuShips said:
Another solution might be to have dyssnowman try photobucket.

Well, I did this, but now the picture is REALLY BIG. Grrr... I'll have to re-size them and see what happens.

Editted: Got it fixed. Can everyone see them now?

dyssnowman said:
BuShips said:
Another solution might be to have dyssnowman try photobucket.

Well, I did this, but now the picture is REALLY BIG. Grrr... I'll have to re-size them and see what happens.

Hmm, they do have a size limit on photobucket when you upload pics so they aren't too large. Oh well, you will be able as you said to resize the pics with their tools. Go ahead, use us as guiney pigs and we'll let you know as soon as you have something to try onus. :wink:

Actually, I just used my own photo program and dropped them from 4x6 to 2x3 and that worked perfectly.

BuShips said:
Great creations, btw!

I was so busy trying to figure out the picture things that I didn't notice this bit. Thanks for the praise, BuShips! :D

dyssnowman said:
Actually, I just used my own photo program and dropped them from 4x6 to 2x3 and that worked perfectly.

BuShips said:
Great creations, btw!

I was so busy trying to figure out the picture things that I didn't notice this bit. Thanks for the praise, BuShips! :D

OK, two things. Where are those pics (1), and (2) where are the rest of you? :!: :?: :?:

BuShips said:
OK, two things. Where are those pics (1), and (2) where are the rest of you? :!: :?: :?:

The pics should still be there. I changed them to photobucket. As for where the rest of "you" (I am guessing that you mean everyone else) I couldn't tell you. :D

dyssnowman said:
BuShips said:

The pics should still be there. I changed them to photobucket. As for where the rest of "you" (I am guessing that you mean everyone else) I couldn't tell you. :D

OK, and you are correct, where is everyone else? That's right, panting heavily over at the topic, "What Do You Think The Big "Announcement" Over SST" :lol:

Back