NPC/PC Character Generation Spreadhseet

DamonJynx

Cosmic Mongoose
Hi Folks,

Below is a link to an Excel spreadsheet that I'm developing for speeding up NPC and PC generation.

The majority of the races are from Monsters of Legend, the balance are from Wraith Recon. Half-Elfs and Half-Orcs are modified versions of their base.

This spreadhseet is a Macro enabled document. To create PC or NPC click on the race button, then select culture and profession.

Add in your skill points as required and select weaponry from the drop down lists. It's not perfect but it is functional.

Excel Character Generation

Enjoy. Let me know what you think.

Looks Good, but could so with some instructions.

It would be useful to be able to select Skill Level, from Novice-hero and have the running total of Free Points used as a run-down, to show how many points you have left.

I prefer my weapons to include the damage bonus, for ease of use, it took me a while to work out where the damage bonus was.

I also prefer my weapons to be restricted based on culture, so not all weapons are listed for everyone, but that is just how I like to do it.

But, produces a very functional character sheet. Thanks for sharing it.

Hi Simon,

Thanks, glad you like it.

soltakss said:
Looks Good, but could so with some instructions.

Very basic instructions are in the OP :D

soltakss said:
It would be useful to be able to select Skill Level, from Novice-hero and have the running total of Free Points used as a run-down, to show how many points you have left.

Well, it kinda does that, but in reverse. I don't often cap NPC's (the main reason I created it) at the exact skill level. As an example, for what I'm doing for Stormhaven, I've made notes in the text along the lines of "Veteran +50" or Novice +30" next to NPC descriptions or D20 stat blocks. Feel free to modify to your heart's content.

soltakss said:
I prefer my weapons to include the damage bonus, for ease of use, it took me a while to work out where the damage bonus was.

I don't use this sheet as the final output. I either put the data , sans workings of course, in the Mongoose supplied template for stuff I'm submitting, or just cut and paste the relevant info into another sheet that I format to suit whatever I need at the time.

soltakss said:
I also prefer my weapons to be restricted based on culture, so not all weapons are listed for everyone, but that is just how I like to do it.

I can understand how that would be useful, however there are two important considerations here: 1. I am not an Excel expert by any means, the expertise here is a level or two above novice, and 2. it is intended be a generic tool to generate PC's and NPC's quickly, not be a fully functional tool such as Heroforge for Pathfinder/D&D or Hero Lab. I'm sure most GM's have different preferences for PC/NPC creation.

soltakss said:
But, produces a very functional character sheet. Thanks for sharing it.

You're very welcome.

Back