News: High Guard Update 2022

... I feel a bit bad for going straight into editing nitpicks, but under Missile Bay;
Each bay holds enough missiles for 12 full salvos... 576 in a large bay.
If that's meant to be an exception, a bit of clarification beforehand might be nice.

Release the pdf way before the book goes to print and it will likely be the most error checked book in history...

... I feel a bit bad for going straight into editing nitpicks, but under Missile Bay;

If that's meant to be an exception, a bit of clarification beforehand might be nice.
If it goes 12 - 24 - 48, then a large bay is indeed 12 x 48 = 576. If it's 120 missiles, it would have to be 12 x 120 = 1440 missiles. ;)

If it goes 12 - 24 - 48, then a large bay is indeed 12 x 48 = 576. If it's 120 missiles, it would have to be 12 x 120 = 1440 missiles. ;)
'If' being the operative word, there! I refer you to slightly above that passage, where it says that Large Bays fire 120 missiles per round. Makes more sense than the 12 - 24 - 48 model, in my mind- it's proportional to tonnage.

Are you guys including Modular Hulls again? I love that, but please remove the part about "bridges, power plants, and drives cannot be modular". If you can have a detachable bridge, you can have a modular bridge. As long as the modular ship and the modular components are designed to work together, I do not see a problem with these things also being able to be made modular.

Are you guys including Modular Hulls again? I love that, but please remove the part about "bridges, power plants, and drives cannot be modular". If you can have a detachable bridge, you can have a modular bridge. As long as the modular ship and the modular components are designed to work together, I do not see a problem with these things also being able to be made modular.

Yes, modular hulls are still in there, but haven't really changed.

Doesn't really make sense, but podularization partially off sets that.

Speaking of which, time required to change modules/tonnage and pod/tonnage might be a good guide to include, and possible port facilities required.

Doesn't really make sense, but podularization partially off sets that.

Speaking of which, time required to change modules/tonnage and pod/tonnage might be a good guide to include, and possible port facilities required.
Yes, how long does it take to switch out modules?

Just noticed the ultralight fighter fixed mount pulse laser does not include the cost of the fixed mount. Should be 1.1 Mcr NOT 1 Mcr.

Lol, I really hope they haven't sent this to print yet.

All the more reason to have more sets of eyes looking at stuff.

We already have two, the reprint seemed an obvious opportunity to do some minor tinkering, and at this point, it can't be too expensive to get someone to correct the PDF.

Back