New tactics for an Evo world

It apparently didn't need it...though, with that strange howling sound, I'm not sure many people would want to stick around for it...

Airwolf was radar invisible and it's engines ran quietly normally, also, it was made to look like a civilian helicopter. They never specifically mentioned it having a 'stealth mode' but when it went into a fight they switched it to 'combat mode' and the gun pods opened. Maybe it's default setting was stealth?

but isn't that always running? Not like in Blue thunder when they pressed a button.
What's ECM stealth?
electronic counter measure stealth?
SOunds like one of those things they make up to sound good :)

1) Sorry if I caused confusion, it is not explicitly called ECM stealth in the show, I simply referred to it as such.

2) No, the active stealth is not always on, but most modern stealthed aircraft have many passive stealth features inherent in the design. Airwolf presumably also had such features.

LBH

The commanche was the only helicopter designed for passisve ECM. Damn well looked like an F117.

Unfortunately the project was cancelled, but frankly we all saw that coming since its role was no longer around.

Well, to be honest, the thread ran its course. Only a few people know enough about the rules to speculate on any tactics, and they can't really say much until the rules are released.

I'm just hoping the preview unit cards for SST get released really soon, hopefully in the next S&P. To help tide us over since it's likely that the BFE delay also affects the SSTE release.

Hiromoon said:
You'll probably get one or two cards like they did for Battlefield: Ev.. not of any good quality either

That's ok Hiro... maybe I'll be in a good mood and just type them up and post them, so people can try them out without squinting.

Ok to drag this slighlty back onto topic:

I've just read that firezones are 12 inches in diameter now! What the hell???? Thats really going to change things immensly!
Also seems to mean that its a hell of a lot easier for the bugs to trap the MI in their own gigantic firezone... I assume its to balance some other aspect I cant think of, but it seems to me that spreading the same amount of dice over an area twice the size as before is going to bring up some weird combat results?

Can any of the playtesters put my mind at rest?

I gotta admit to not playing it for ages, so Im a little bit fuzzy about it all and could be majorly wrong, but I dont remember plopping down dinner plates for templates other than for nukes... :? Hmmmm

A 12" fire zone? On a four foot board? That basically means four squads can completely saturate the enemy board half.
Gotta be a misunderstanding

It's a 6" radius, 12" diameter.

Radius = measurement from center point of circle to edge.

Diameter equals distance from edge, though center point, to edge, which is double the radius.

(Samuel L Jackson voice):Geometry, do you speak it?!

Please note that the SST core rules will be exactly the same as the BFE core rules, so you know all the SST core rules just by reading the BFE rules for download on this site. Nothing will change between the two except advanced rules and unit stats.

Back