New Releases for Victory at Sea

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
We have just released a veritable fleet of new releases for Victory at Sea, including the long-awaited HMS Nelson and Battle of the Denmark Strait set!

You can find all the new releases here;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/miniatures/victory-at-sea.html?dir=desc&order=position

ROYAL NAVY
HMS Nelson '42
Supermarine Walrus

KRIEGSMARINE
Blucher
Prinz Eugen
Schelswig Holstein
Fw-200 Condor
Type VII U-Boat
Type IX U-Boat
Type XXI U-Boat

Well if it's rave reviews you want boss, I'll be glad to be the first to comment, I got my 3rd package from Mongoose Publishing and in it was (for me) the highly anticipated HMS Nelson, make that 2. :lol: 1 to be painted as HMS Rodney of course.

Guys I can't speak highly enough of the sculpt, she is simply breath-taking in her attention to detail, and whatever you guys have done to improve the smoothness of the horizontal surfaces...well, just keep doing that, a vast improvement on previous models.

I'm working HMS Rodney as we speak in her over deck Admiralty Pattern she wore in 1942, it's a very complex design but it's looking fabulous on this miniature. For any guys that are thinking of moving into Mongoose Publishing's Victory At Sea, seriously, you won't regret it, the paint loves these things...get into it. 8)

Well done Mongoose Team, this one is top shelf.

Dan :)

Out of stock at the moment - we'll be making a general VaS announcement soon (don't worry, all good news!).

I'm guessing that this is it: http://www.warlordgames.com/announcement-victory-at-sea/?utm_source=Warlord+Games+Newsletter&utm_campaign=2ce7e018d4-Newsletter_16_January_20151_15_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b7e928b4ed-2ce7e018d4-132741793&mc_cid=2ce7e018d4&mc_eid=8a5c4b3bfb

@Greg

Most of that announcement seems to have come from the State of Mongoose 2014:

http://blog.mongoosepublishing.co.uk/?p=779

I really like the part a bit further down talking about different Era's for VAS2. I've taken quite a liking to WWI Naval History lately.

Matt, any thoughts on doing WWI miniatures?

-Tim

I'd jump on 1:1800 WWI ships like a duck on a junebug. Just off the top of my head, sets could include Emden vs Sydney, Battle of Coronel, Battle of the Falklands, Yavuz and Midilli versus the Russian Black Sea Fleet, and Battle of Dogger Bank. Then Jutland and the Med and Adriatic. I can feel the money in my pocket start to heat up already.

Brass said:
I'd jump on 1:1800 WWI ships like a duck on a junebug. Just off the top of my head, sets could include Emden vs Sydney, Battle of Coronel, Battle of the Falklands, Yavuz and Midilli versus the Russian Black Sea Fleet, and Battle of Dogger Bank. Then Jutland and the Med and Adriatic. I can feel the money in my pocket start to heat up already.

Great list - I'd like to add the Pursuit of Goeben and Breslau to that list - and hey maybe we could combine some of them since most of those ships are in other scenarios you've already suggested.

AdmiralGrafSpee said:
Matt, any thoughts on doing WWI miniatures?

-Tim

The quick answer is yes.

But let us get WWII properly under way first :)

Stick with the VaS range for the next few years (decades?), and we'll get you sorted on any era you like, but it will take time...

msprange said:
The quick answer is yes.

But let us get WWII properly under way first :)

Stick with the VaS range for the next few years (decades?), and we'll get you sorted on any era you like, but it will take time...

When one gets into WWI Naval, one is not in a big rush :wink:

Soo, when will you guys start releasing mini's again? Or will Warlord take over from here?

Will they start releasing the VaS miniatures soon? There is not much VaS yet on their website...

Warlord will indeed be taking over - the official release (for rulebook and box sets) is currently August, but I believe you will see single ships before then. Currently in the process of getting ships to them!

Back