New CONAN releases?

Yikes! Hit by a car. I suppose, since your posting here, you are physically okay?

I kept putting off buying Conan until my local game store had a sale. I ended up buying it at a used bookstore for $20 (not Atlantean natch!), so...I missed the whole SoC thing. Is it still going on? Not the book replacement, but the kewl goodies?

No, that ended about the time that the Atlantean Edition came out. When it was going on, they'd email out PDFs of articles, new product releases, and even their first adventure (without the cover art, of course). It was basically a nice way they tried to make amends for all the problems that came out with the initial release. It's too bad they don't post any more "freebies" on their Conan page, but it was a nice start.

Yeah, okay 'bout the car, thanks. I DO live in New York City after all. :)

I was in on the Sons of Cimmeria thing. So I got the Acheronian, chariots, duel play, and Danger in the Westermark pdfs.

The ones that I am thinking of getting are the ones by Vincent, especially the 'Plunderers of the Dead'.

Hyborian Apeman said:
Raphael said:
And congrats on making Mongoose!

Thanks! :D
Hey, congrats indeed! We few, we happy few, we band of brothers - ya don't have to shed no blood now, though. [am rambling, will stop now w/o reciting the whole 2 1/2 minute speech. Anyway, congrats].

Raphael said:
I kept putting off buying Conan until my local game store had a sale. I ended up buying it at a used bookstore for $20 (not Atlantean natch!), so...I missed the whole SoC thing. Is it still going on? Not the book replacement, but the kewl goodies?

I had already the Atlantean ed., but got the SoC goodies from Mongoose nonetheless - I just mailed them and asked about joining SoC, their answer was "Sorry, SoC is ended, but here are the links and passwords to download the goodies".

Maybe you should try your luck...

I'm glad for the slow-down in publications for CONAN, actually. Gives me time to save up for the next wave.

I have the complete run (excepting magazine articles) for just three games: PENDRAGON, 7th SEA, and of course, CONAN. Man...that's a LOT of money!

I'm seriously considering retiring my DnD3.5 and just playing CONAN (and my other faves, which include CHIVALRY & SORCERY, MORROW PROJECT, TRAVELLER, and SPACE 1889).

Save, save, save money for Septeeeeemmmmbbbbeeerr! :lol:

strategoi_nikolai said:
I'm seriously considering retiring my DnD3.5 and just playing CONAN (and my other faves, which include CHIVALRY & SORCERY, MORROW PROJECT, TRAVELLER, and SPACE 1889)

Space 1889! Dang, I've got the core book and I can't convince anyone to play. One of the best, most original settings, IMHO.

Raphael

We have a very active "Victorian Science Fiction" fanbase here in Quincy. At our annual con (coming up in three weeks!) there's always at least two VSF events, plus at least one (repeated) Space:1889 session.

And this year I am adding my new minis obsession: Aeronef, which is dirigbiles and other flying craft (using an anti-gravity mineral or liftwood, a la Burroughs) fighting great aeronaval battles. Woohoo!

René said:
I had already the Atlantean ed., but got the SoC goodies from Mongoose nonetheless - I just mailed them and asked about joining SoC, their answer was "Sorry, SoC is ended, but here are the links and passwords to download the goodies".

Maybe you should try your luck...

Thanks Rene! I just downloaded the goodies!

Back