New Classes for Conan RPG

I disagree. A Scholar need not imply book learning, just that one has studied. Be it in mouldering libraries, from a fellow practitioner, spirits or demons is meaningless. You can make a druidic/shamanic Scholar quite easily by selecting the correct Schools (or Spheres) of magic, skills and Feats. I did this with the Bone Woman in my Dark Horse Conan Sourcebook thread, which is somewhere here in the middle of the pile of topics I am sure.

Hmmm- I have start updating that again. Luckily Dark Horse has been futzing around off the established timeline a lot so there's little to catch up upon. They only finished "Rogues in the House" and they are rebooting the title again at #50 for barely understood reasons....

With the inclusion of the revised Temptress in 2nd Ed., I think the game has all the classes it needs. I like how the Secret Art class feature lets the Temptress emulate the features of another class without multiclassing.
MP

Raven,

Secret Art works like Borderer Combat Styles. The character chooses one specialty at 3rd level, and gains improvements to it at 7th, 11th and 17th levels. The three options are Politics, Sneak Attack, and Sorcery. Politics lets you take Noble Social Abilities, Sneak Attack gives 1d6 SA damage per each step, plus bonuses to the Attack Roll for flashing body parts. :?
Sorcery grants access to one Style and the basic spell at 3rd level, with advanced spells at subsequent levels. This specialty also grants the ability to gain Power Points through sex, and bonuses to the Magic Attack Roll.

So, the Temptress can"Virtually Multiclass" as a Noble, Thief, or Scholar with this class ability. :D
MP

thulsa said:
Raven Blackwell said:
they are rebooting the title again at #50 for barely understood reasons....

Do you have any more info on this?

- thulsa

http://www.darkhorse.com/news/pressrelease.php?id=1461

That's the official press release. The reason- that Conan has distinct phases in his career that necessitate making them separate series is frankly a little flimsy IMHO and my guess is that the relaunch is due to some arcane business decision. Maybe to try and create more than one Issue #1 (and variant covers) in a single series?

Raven Blackwell said:
I disagree. A Scholar need not imply book learning, just that one has studied. Be it in mouldering libraries, from a fellow practitioner, spirits or demons is meaningless.

Precisely. That's why there are multiple scholarly backgrounds.

Back