New Blog For A B5 Campagin The Gaim War

bluebirds40

Mongoose
i am starting a second blog to cover babylon 5 the gaim war that will last for years and there will be over 200 battle reports when it is all over with. it is set in the year 2300. the drakh clan kyne with some rohr clan warriors, gaim redhelm and streib forces on one side and the rest on the other side. the war will start in sept 2014 giving me plenty of time to buy the minis and get them painted up. i plan on doing several pdf to go with the gaim war, they will be free. there will be both ground battles and space battles. before the gaim war, there will be the assassin war startin in late 2299 and ends in early 2300 a few days before the gaim war starts. the assassin war will pit the technomages vs grown children of psi-cops who are looking to avenge the corp fall and they work for the darkh. i have 19 postings sos far, let me know what you think. here is the link
http://www.jdrezendes42.blogspot.com

i have never painted gaim or drakh ships before, so if some can tell me what is the best colors and brand to go with, thanks.

All sounds like fun - Look forward to seeing

What stats are you using for the Rohr, Strieb and Redhelm?

I think Gaim works well with sort of irredescent insect like colours - a mix of colours across the body of the ship........... I'll see if I can post some images in due course :)

I have an expanded / Alt list for the gaim that includes alot of the ships you are looking at if of any use :)

Drakh appear on screen to be shades of brown, dark yellow, and depending on the ambient lighting in the screen shot possibly some shade of orange-brown. If you're depicting two different clans then perhaps go yellow/brown for one and orange/brown for the other. In any case, make these colours relatively dull because then the bright, light blue for the engine strips (and the energy bulb on the nose of a Raider) will contrast better.

You can find some screen shots at B5 Scrolls - click on "Ships", then on "Drakh".

And this is my version of a Drakh Ria'stor Heavy Raider:

I used Humbrol and Revell paints for no other reason than that's what I had. :) I don't recall exactly which paint numbers, and in any case I didn't have any light blue so I mixed some medium blue and white until it looked reasonable. The thin black borders to the brown stripes were done with a fine marker pen.

Gaim ships never appeared on screen so there's no "official" colour scheme. That means you can do pretty well whatever you like. :D

thanks guys, i will follow your suggestions for the drakh and gaim. various colors of brown dark yelow and a light blue. as for the gaim some insect like colors.

as far as stats for the rhor, streib and redhelm ships. the ships i plan to use for them i will adapt them into b5 acta stats i have something in the works, which i am hoping to post soon.

as far as ground forces stats, those i will work on after i am done with the ship stats.

i am plan on buying some starship tiles and show some boarding action by the rhor to attain there own ships. my thinking is, since there are a dying clan, they don't want to risk what few ships they have. so they plan on seizing ships from other races. i do have on pdf a babylon 5 book that shows the ship plans for many b5 ships. so i can layout the starship tiles to fit the b5 ship that they will try to seize.

Back