New ACTA group startup woes

Argh, it's now been over three weeks since we ordered the fleets with the intent of having it in time to flash the guys with the cool fleets and rule-system and mats and stuff that I ordered and we still have only gotten the Earth fleet from Mongoose. :(
So we only have one fleet and nothing to pit it against and this is the last weekend before the end of March that we can get the guys together in time before the deadline.
Writing ship-names on some peices of paper and move them around will hardly impress anyone...

Instead of possibly eight ACtA players at the club I guess we will be only four. This sucks after spending so much money and extra effort on building and buying all the extra stuff as soon as possible just to try win them over as well. :(

How long have you guys waited for your orders since the news about ending the miniatures?

All the stuff i ordered when the news hit has arrived but it was split over a nummber of deliveries.
Still waiting for some that was ordered last week.
One guy i know is still waiting for stuff that was ordered early on.

Finally some paint has been applied to the EA fleet that I ordered.
Still no sign of the Minbari fleet we ordered in mid-Februari however.

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

Shadow Queen said:
very sweet, any more picts of another fleet?
Thank you. :)

Not so many pics of other fleets yet cause we only recieved our fleets yesterday (except for my early EA which I got erlier).

A couple pics that I got so far(unfortunatly taken with the flash on...):

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00379.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

Nice photo's

I had a nosy at your Sagittarius-class Cruiser and I couldn't see where you stuck the turrets? I ask as I just got 3 Sagittarius-class Cruiser and I have no idea where the turrets are suppose to go. So any ideas?

skavendan said:
I had a nosy at your Sagittarius-class Cruiser and I couldn't see where you stuck the turrets? I ask as I just got 3 Sagittarius-class Cruiser and I have no idea where the turrets are suppose to go. So any ideas?
They are supposed to go on top and middle of the dark long rectangle on top and in the front part of the Sagittarius.
I didn't place mine there, I thought it were better without, but I have saved them in case... :)

We are still have no sign of the Minbaribox and rulebook that we orderd in mid-Februari that we were supposed to get late march at the latest.

But in the meanwhile I have gotten some more ships painted:
IMG_0243.jpg

Other side:
IMG_0248.jpg

Close up of the explorer
IMG_0248_1.jpg

The fighter bay:
IMG_0248_2.jpg

The chronos:
IMG_0250.jpg

Nice looking Chronii! And Explorer!

I like your fighter bay too! it looks nice. I plan on taking my dremal too all my launch bays. But the effect on yours is done very well.

edit: And Nice fleet! Somehow I missed the pics on the second page. A beautiful line up of early EA you have there! I hope my crusade EA will look half as good!!!

I really like how your fighters are based as well. I plan on doing something similar, if not the same :p

Some pictures of my newly painted Shadow fleet and the first battle between them and the Minbari.

IMG_0348_1.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

And we still haven't recieved the Minbari fleet that we ordered mid-frebruari and were promised at the latest at the end of March despite several mails to Matt and several promises from him...

The guy still waiting for them is not a very glad guy right now. :(

Nice photos indeed. What did you use for the fighter bases? They don't look like wood discs and there's no hole in the center for them to be the plastic bases. Just curious...

Cheers, Gary

Back