Need advice to the Minbari art of war

Poolitzer

Mongoose
Ok,

i have now a good fleet of Minbari, by getting the fleetbox + the reenforcement box. Here the list

3 Lesharth
1 Morshin
1 Neshathan
3 Sharlin
2 Tigara
4 Tinashi
6 Torotha
2 Troligan

6 Nial
2 Flyer

I have next week my first game with 3 Raid and 5 Raid. So i need some advice for fleetlist and play.

My first idea for 5 raid is:

1 Leshath
2 Teshlan
1 Troligan

I have a similar fleet (same boxes anyway ;)). Teshlans are a solid choice and I almost always take one. I would take a Tinashi instead of the Troligan unless you are facing Gaim or maybe Narn. Troligans are good ships but I find them a bit situational. Tinashis are more rounded ships IMHO.

I would not take a Leshath at Raid level unless you know you are facing a stealthy opponent. Leshaths are pretty lightly armed for a Raid ship and dedicating 20% of your force to a ship that won't see much action maybe too much of a commitment.

I would drop the Leshath and take either an Ashinata (rock solid) or a pair of Torothas (fragile but well armed and provide a couple of initiative sinks).

Good luck. :)

ok, and what's about changing the Trolian for a Shantavi ? it looks like some serious firepower.

My idea was to give the trolian with the scout twinlink, ok but thats only one ship so the profit isnt worth that i loss 20% of my fleet for a scout.

I've used the Shavinta (the Triple damage Tinashi) in a raid level game and that thing was smoking ships!

Unfortunately, with only 4AD, you'll either kill a ship or lightly scratch it (very little in between due to the Beam rules).

If you take the Shavinta, you'll definitely want more anti-fighter support, so an Ashinta may be the best thing for support.

IMO, I don't like the Troligan unless you go heavily on the close-up fight. It can put lots of hurt on things, but there needs to be more close-up fighters like Torothas and Tigaras in order to deplete enemy interceptors and do any real damage.

David said:
or maybe it was single malt scotch, the Minibar art of war.... ;>

Well, as for the Minbari Art of War, I think Delenn sums it up nicely-
"Kill all of them, All of them!"

Well, we've raided their conversation enough. It's time we jumped back into hyperspace and beat a quick escape. :wink:

Well, if your heart is set on having a Battle PL ship in your selection then the Tinashi is the best way to go. I know the Shantavi's Triple Damage beam is a big temptation, but its secondary weapons are nowhere near as good as the Tinashi's... Yes, the 8AD Molecular Disruptor on the front is a bit of beast but its short range (for the Minbari) and it can be intercepted - so, unless you're facing a non-interceptor heavy fleet - then the Tinashi's Twin-Linked mini-beams really make a difference (as any of my opponents in the recent Earth Centauri War will attest - 6 wins out of 6)! 8)

Hey Ken - maybe that should be your sig line :)

Twin linked mini beams are indeed nice - and sometimes you don't even need the twin linked! :)

KennyBoy said:
Well, if your heart is set on having a Battle PL ship in your selection then the Tinashi is the best way to go. I know the Shantavi's Triple Damage beam is a big temptation, but its secondary weapons are nowhere near as good as the Tinashi's... Yes, the 8AD Molecular Disruptor on the front is a bit of beast but its short range (for the Minbari) and it can be intercepted - so, unless you're facing a non-interceptor heavy fleet - then the Tinashi's Twin-Linked mini-beams really make a difference (as any of my opponents in the recent Earth Centauri War will attest - 6 wins out of 6)! 8)

I'd win a lot more with twin linked mini beams... ja sure, you betcha! ;)

ok thanks for your answers.

i think i will go in with:

1 Ashinta : TW Mini + good Antifighter
2 Teshlan : good firepower and fast
1 Tinashi : good firepower and quick

so my hole fleet have 5+ Stealth and 2/45 turning at a speed of 10 - 14. I think that sounds good.

So any further ideas for 5 Raid, if not i will think about the 3 Raid which is quite harder , cause i have only one skirmish choise. So a Battle is to much i think so theres 3 Raidships or 6 skirmish. Or a mix. Or should i buy some Nial flights ? 8 for 1 Raid or 4 + 1 toritha for 1 Raid

Poolitzer said:
ok thanks for your answers.

i think i will go in with:

1 Ashinta : TW Mini + good Antifighter
2 Teshlan : good firepower and fast
1 Tinashi : good firepower and quick

so my hole fleet have 5+ Stealth and 2/45 turning at a speed of 10 - 14. I think that sounds good.

So any further ideas for 5 Raid, if not i will think about the 3 Raid which is quite harder , cause i have only one skirmish choise. So a Battle is to much i think so theres 3 Raidships or 6 skirmish. Or a mix. Or should i buy some Nial flights ? 8 for 1 Raid or 4 + 1 toritha for 1 Raid

Well, that is my answer for a 5 point raid.

Being that your purchases are EXACTLY the same as my own Minbari purchase, I can say very certainly that you should either dump your Morshin, or get more fighters. You simply do not have enough for everyone. So, either pick up more bases, or print off some paper chits for the remaining models. Also, I have to do this too, but I recommend snipping off the radar dishes off 2 of your Leshath models and turn them into Tigara. After the 2 boxes you have, you can do a very effective, LARGE fleet for your all day game:

3 Sharlin (3 War)
1 Neshatan (4 War)
2 Tinashi/Shivanti (5 War)
1 Troligan, 1 Tigara, 2 Tortha (6 War)
1 Troligan, 1 Tigara, 2 Tortha (7 War)
1 Morshin, 2 Tigara/Teshlan (8 War)
1 Leshath, 2 Ashinta, 2 Tortha (9 War total!)

If they ever release a Neroon, I'll be ready to start doing HUGE, Armagedon battles! :twisted:

Lt.Derina said:
why not put in a Morshin fleet carrier

Good call. You can never have enough Nials. I've used this list to effect...
Morshin carrier
Teshlan X2
Leshath scout
Torotha X4

Though, the nature of your opponent will probably alter your "basic" fleet composition. ;)

Back