Need advice about this adventures

Vincent791

Mongoose
Thinking about getting an adventure, I saw "Heretics of Tarantia" and "The lurking terror of Nahab" at my local store, so I'd like some advice about this adventures.

I couldn't find a worthy review of this books. Thanks in advance!

I haven't played the latter so I have no opinion (but I did get in the mail not long ago and I do think highly of the author); Heretics of Tarantia, however, I did play and I rather enjoyed it. I thought it was top-notch.

I haven't played either of them (yet), but I've read them both. I think Heretics of Tarantia seems really, really good, Lurking Terror of Nahab only so-so (a bit rail-roady and I didn't really like the plot).

Well, it seems that "Heretics" it's a must buy, I guess I'll get that adventure tomorrow and I'll wait to get more info about "Lurking terror"

Feel free to post your comments, thanks again!

personaly i think "heretics" is too close to the Mesantia adventure (order of the golden skulls) and you SHOULDN'T play them in short order.

again someone dies in the arms of the players...again there is a little group of "evil doers"....again the "throne" wants the players to help....and again there is some worshipper of set behind a big deal of it.

Valaryc said:
personaly i think "heretics" is too close to the Mesantia adventure (order of the golden skulls) and you SHOULDN'T play them in short order.

again someone dies in the arms of the players...again there is a little group of "evil doers"....again the "throne" wants the players to help....and again there is some worshipper of set behind a big deal of it.

How about a spoiler warning! Players read this too ya know.

Your a rabid anti-spoilerite! :lol: (apologies to Rabid Anti-Shemite and Seinfeld) :D

if you have players that read a thread titled "need help about these adventures"...then a "spoiler warning" won't do anything

and where is the spoiler warning in raven's thread about new lovecraftian monsters? where is the spoiler warning in the thread about the combat tactics of the picts ? where is the spoiler warning in the all the threads telling about a gaming experience (if "your" gm wants to "steal" the idea and plans to play the same scenario idea) ?

calm down...or search for some players you can trust :)

Technically, your right. But it's called web etiquette and shows respect to your fellow members who may not have purchased the product yet or are sometimes players and GM's. But no one can make you - you have to decide if you have respect for your fellow gamers.

I agree; if you're gonna give away the plot of a published adventure, a spoiler warning doesn't hurt.

I understand your point, but it's also true that the advice I asked for could be required free from spoilers, maybe I'm a player trying to recommend the next adventure to the GM.

Anyway, this is not the case :D

BTW, I bought Heretics, I just checked the art, maps, etc, it looks pretty cool, but I still haven't read the adventure. I'll comment later.

Thanks for the help!

Back