Need a little help.

Defender

Mongoose
Hey there guys, long time listener first time caller.

So I'm interested in the B5 RPG, being a longtime fan of the series and whatnot, but the thing that's holding me back is price. I'm Canadian, which means the Core Rulebook and the major world/faction books are about 60/50 dollars Canadian respectively at my FLGS. Ouch.

What I'm asking here (and yes I realize it may be asking for religious counsel of the converted) is simply this; is the game worth it ultimately? I mean, I was seriously considering buying the Conan book, but the $70 price tag deflated that real quick. I can't justify that kind of expenditure. Quality wise, would I be getting bang for my buck with these books? Any and all advice would be appreciated.

-Def.

If you like B5 and want to run a game in that setting, then yes it's worth it.

and regarding price:
http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/1904577113/qid%3D1096979774/702-3026861-7428050
$39.71 (canadian)

And with free shipping with that!
I admit that my FLGS only gets about 25% to 33% of my gaming money these time. The rest goes to Amazon.ca, but I have to be patient sometimes...

Regarding the question "Is it worth it?" Well of course it is, the race sourcebooks will blow you away. And you will be lucky enough to start with a shiny 2nd printing core rulebook! Oh and if money is an issue, just wait until the pocket version of the corebook gets out and you'll spend only about 20$.

Trust me the B5 RPG is worth the money!

I own every release so far except the ActA miniatures and the 2nd printing of the core book, and I'll like as not be getting some or all of those at the Open Day.

LBH

Interesting thoughts guys. I'll definitely give it some thought. I'm a B5 and RPG geek, so this is normally a no-brainer, but I just like to make sure all the bases are covered before I swoop in to buy a new game. :)

-Def.

shem_whistler said:
lastbesthope said:

I own every release so far except the ActA miniatures and the 2nd printing of the core book.

LBH

Ditto :D

Nice to know I'm not the only one.

Now if only I had the time to sit down and read any of them. Too busy earning overtime to spend at the Open Day!

LBH
"Don't, you're too young to experience that much pain!"

lastbesthope said:
shem_whistler said:
lastbesthope said:

I own every release so far except the ActA miniatures and the 2nd printing of the core book.

LBH

Ditto :D

Nice to know I'm not the only one.

Now if only I had the time to sit down and read any of them. Too busy earning overtime to spend at the Open Day!

LBH
"Don't, you're too young to experience that much pain!"

Ditto again, I have only skimmed the books as I get them, normally straight to the new feats and PC's then file on my game shelf.

Although now I have started writing my first scenario it is good having all the background info at hand. Things I wanted to know about were Mars, Centauri Poisons, Eart Special Forces to name a few. And all this info is in the source books.

Great stuff.

Back