name the platoon!

• Winters' Wolves

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Winters' Wraiths

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

watcher

Mongoose
trying to come up with my MI army's nickname, my luitenants definatly going to be called Winter, but i cant decide on the nickname

I like both of them but prefer wolves personally. Right now I am thinking about MacFeegle's Marauders. I read waaaayyyyy too much Prachett. :lol:

its really difficult i like both but seeing in my fluff, winter was a higher rank, but a plan he had failed and cost him a lot of men, which got him demoted, i was thinking wraiths, because of the whole massed losses thing, but by names, i think there both cool

Ouch. Yeah, with the fluff it makes it hard to choose. Hmmm... I still think I am leaning toward the wolves, but like you said, both are cool! 8)

wolves all teh way. Nah im sorry i just love wolves. It could be that capt winter was so annoyed, he turned into like, A wolf, and he had same ppl with the qualities, so, i like wolves better, By turned into, (Pissed off really bad.)

Just my opinion here.

Wolves are so overused it's becoming blah. Wraiths would be good to refer to the lost men of his old unit.

I would say "Winter's Wolverines" would still give the feeling of tenatious fighters with a mean streak, still sound cool & not be sounding like you're trying too hard.

Windego's would also be a neat & unusual sounding squad.

Once again, just my opinion.

when i thought up the name wolves, i diddnt think "ferocious" i thought cool, i think im gonna go with wraiths, they keep out of reach and are fast, thats more my tactics (im not normally an aggressive player unless its warmachine)

thanks though guys, youve got me thinking about what i wanted
(even though if i used 'wolves' i could have used GW transfers :wink: )

watcher said:
when i thought up the name wolves, i diddnt think "ferocious" i thought cool, i think im gonna go with wraiths, they keep out of reach and are fast, thats more my tactics (im not normally an aggressive player unless its warmachine)

thanks though guys, youve got me thinking about what i wanted
(even though if i used 'wolves' i could have used GW transfers :wink: )

I think I prefer Wraiths....Wolves seems to be a little too 'stereotypical' for my liking...especially with such well-known links as the Space Wolves from 40k or the lesser-known Wolfsbanes from WarZone.

I think Wraith's, as a nickname, fits more with the MI - a fast moving army that can appear out of nowhere, strike hard, and leave just as quickly - disappearing almost like ghosts.
Give 'em a nice dark colourscheme, possibly blacks with really (really) dark grey (or is that really light black?) highlights on raised areas...make them look like they deserve to be named after Wraiths :p

just as an aside- what do people think of

Jack's Jabberwocks

(dragon like creature of arthurian legend.)

Personally I like Wraiths better, wolves is overused.

Jack's Jabberwocks

Kinda cool, but isn't that from Lewic Carol, not King Arthur?

not bad, May I suggest

Winter's Wolfpack

perhaps

Gets the Wolf in there but adds a bit of menace.

Lee

hmm. Now that i think of it, the wraiths do go well with the slaughtered squad. Hmm... Well, its not the crowds vote, its yours. :D

Anonymous said:

Jack's Jabberwocks

S'not bad. I'm going with Coons's Cossacks. Painted up in colors of WW2 Russian Armor.:)

I vote for Winter's Wraiths, but What do you think of "Winter's Weenie Bopper boys?"

(Grins Kidding.)

Winters' Wolves is good. BTW, this is my first post, i'm following the game and I can't wait for the release.
cheers to all (and sorry for my bad english :wink: )

Back