Mysteries of the Ancients on FGU

Stargrove

Mongoose
Hello all, I recently signed up to convert modules for the Fantasy Grounds VTT and the first one I picked to do was Mysteries of the Ancients (MotA). The FGU module is available today (12/23) on their store and via Steam. So, if you use FGU to run Traveller and wanted to run MotA for your Travellers, but did not want to convert it all yourself (it is a big module) now you can.

If you do decide to get it, there is a post related to the module in the FG forums that I monitor where you can tell me if you find anything wrong with the conversion or if I missed something.

Enjoy.

First off thank you for stepping up into the breach on this in MadBeardMan's absence. I should start doing some conversions myself. I've done a couple for my own usage, all I'd need to do is build the reference manual from them.

Thank you Anstett.

I was just informed today that apparently Mongoose is going to be doing future books/modules in-house.

I just stated doing them so we could get more books available to the FGU community as it has been few and far between this year. I also had Secrets of the Ancients done and ready to submit as well. Oh well.

Hopefully we get more soon.

Last edited:
Also purchased. Having converted a few scenarios for my own use I was dreading having to convert this. Quickest buy on Steam ever!

I see you have ordered the Story chapters in a different way to other scenarios I have bought, e.g. High n Dry. Interested to know whether that was a conscious decision and if so, why?

Also, and mentioned on another thread, I am similarly keen to get hold of maps without area numbers printed. This would be a big help to running on a VTT.

I ordered the Story chapters in MotA just like the book is laid out. I am not saying I did not make any errors, though, so if you found any, you can post them on the FG forums, and I can get them fixed. If it is just that it was done differently than other scenarios, then that is because different people converted them. Mad Bear Man has done most of the scenario conversion and this is the only one I have done thus far.

As for the maps in MotA, the maps labeled GM at the end are static, just like the book. However, the maps with Player at the end have a layer with labels that are not visible to the players. I had to edit the maps I pulled out of the PDF myself as I never got anything back from Mongoose about maps without labels.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

I ordered the Story chapters in MotA just like the book is laid out. I am not saying I did not make any errors, though, so if you found any, you can post them on the FG forums, and I can get them fixed. If it is just that it was done differently than other scenarios, then that is because different people converted them. Mad Bear Man has done most of the scenario conversion and this is the only one I have done thus far.

As for the maps in MotA, the maps labeled GM at the end are static, just like the book. However, the maps with Player at the end have a layer with labels that are not visible to the players. I had to edit the maps I pulled out of the PDF myself as I never got anything back from Mongoose about maps without labels.

Hope this helps answer your questions.
It does thanks. Happy to let you know of any errors but I've not come across any yet!! Only just started using the files so it's early days. Great to hear about the maps!!

Back