My terrain

Oh god yeah!

I really wish you lived locally, you'd be a fine member at our club. Certainly proving that MGPs games arent for the young uns or Harry Potter wannabes.

Rob_alderman said:
Oh god yeah!

I really wish you lived locally, you'd be a fine member at our club. Certainly proving that MGPs games arent for the young uns or Harry Potter wannabes.

Do people really have that impression? I have to admit the only Mongoose game I realy care for is GoMC1 but looking at the rest of them they seem pretty solid. At least the genres don't seem juvenile.

DCI Gene Hunt (Lt. R) said:
Nah, D&D D20 is worse. You have Skills and Feats to remember - I nightmare for the GM.[/b][/color]

Which is why I played it once and never upgraded, sold off the couple of books I did have and refuse to play it. I think the D20 system is ok, and I would have been less opposed had they called it "D20 Fantasy" instead of D&D 3rd Edition. Modern D20 is ok and Star Wars D20 is alright as well, but whenever I run either I tweak the rules and simplify things.

Also for MOdern D20 I triple all firearm damage. I just feel like guns aren't deadly enough in D20.

I loved the clunky old Ad&D rules, third edition killed it's character. I like THACO, THACO was great, you knew where you were as a DM when you were the only person who actually knew how the hell combat worked :)

JoseDominguez said:
I loved the clunky old Ad&D rules, third edition killed it's character. I like THACO, THACO was great, you knew where you were as a DM when you were the only person who actually knew how the hell combat worked :)

You could 'cheat' in favour of your players more easily with THACO. Coming up with all sorts of random modifiers to make thier lives easier if neccessary kwim.

Kardak_Legaius said:
Which is why I played it once and never upgraded, sold off the couple of books I did have and refuse to play it. I think the D20 system is ok, and I would have been less opposed had they called it "D20 Fantasy" instead of D&D 3rd Edition. Modern D20 is ok and Star Wars D20 is alright as well, but whenever I run either I tweak the rules and simplify things.

Also for Modern D20 I triple all firearm damage. I just feel like guns aren't deadly enough in D20.

It just doesn't work without 'tweaking'.

It was great, no matter how stupid the players, you could tweak it so they didn't all die in the first random encounter with two kobolds ten minutes into the first game :)

What I realy liked about THAC0 was that you only had ten or twelve different numbers to deal with for Armor class. One of the biggest pobelms I have with 3rd Ed is the numbers just get too big. Everything seems overpowered. It feels like they tried to take am MMORPG and make a Pen and Paper game out of it. That and I don't like the new artwork, why does every outfit on every chraacter have 56 pockets and 45 functionless buckles?

And someone please explain how you use two crossbows at the same time and not get slaughtered.

Well after moving from the Uk to Australia and having to sell just about everything I have finally managed to rebuild a city to fight over.

Here are some pics. Please let me know what you think

Shacks1B.jpg

Shacks2B.jpg

Shacks3B.jpg

Shacks4B.jpg

Shacks5B.jpg

Shacks6B.jpg

Shacks7B.jpg

Shacks8B.jpg

Shacks9B.jpg

Shacks10B.jpg

Sorry lots of pics :cry:

Shacks11B.jpg

Shacks12B.jpg

Shacks13B.jpg

Shacks14B.jpg

Shacks15B.jpg

Shacks16B.jpg

Shacks17B.jpg

Shacks18B.jpg

Shacks19B.jpg

Shacks20B.jpg

I have tried to keep some of the names from the Original City so The Pink Pussy is still there as is the Novalties building, they have just changed a little.

Cursed Earth maybe?

Absolutely amazing terrain. Some of the shots are so detailed you would never know they are mini terrain!

Well done, and thanks for sharing the pics :)

Steve

Awesome! :shock:

Your fellow players are very lucky to have you providing such a top-notch setting for your games, hope they appreciate you!

Steve

Back