MRQ and armour

MBdS

Mongoose
ok, armour give armour points (nowhere it says how much damage can be lowered down to 0, or even lower... hmm, ok, im not stupid but, an official ruling? I guess as rules given in the core rules, damage can go down to 0).

but... hmm... there are a some things that are not clear.

First: Why wearing more than one typo of armour on the same location if you're not going to receive any benefit from it, and no penalty whatsoever ...

you say I got a Leather Shirt (AP 1 that covers abdomen, arms and chest) and found plate vambraces (AP 6 that covers arms). So i'm wearing the vambraces over the leather shirt, and... Skill Penalty doesnt get bigger, as suddenly im not more wearing the shirt below... what happened, i rolled back the shirt arms? ;) )

Secondarily... what's the point in having a Heavy Leather Hauberk and a Leather Hauberk when they cover the same locations, have the same ENC, offer the same AP, have the same Skill Penalty but the Heavy Leather costs 200 SP more (why?????)

And what's the logic beyond Helmet giving -4% Skill Penalty... rules say Skill Penalty is equal total AP given, well, Helmet gives 5 AP...
And above all, while all type of Head covering should give a penalty to DEX based characteristic and no Perception penalty?

Are there any errata?

RQ3 had a few "anomolies" when it came to armour too.

i think the point as described to me about heavy haulberks, ringmails etc is that certain cultures and areas wont have the skills to make the finer armour. ALthough as you point out, it shoudl weigh less, make less noise (heavy haulberks should double sleath minuses!).

Also RQ3 did/didnt allow for overlapping armour. Perosnally I'd double the armour and also make the encumrance/skill reductions harsh - i.e. armour type 1 enc X armour tpye 2 enc, maybe even x 5!

WIll be interesting if Mongoose do push out an official errata for things like this...

MBdS said:
Secondarily... what's the point in having a Heavy Leather Hauberk and a Leather Hauberk when they cover the same locations, have the same ENC, offer the same AP, have the same Skill Penalty but the Heavy Leather costs 200 SP more (why?????)
Looks like a cut and paste typo. I'll be running it as 1AP with a cost around 75-100 silvers.

Look at the "Helmet" above which should have a total skill penalty of -5%.

Halfbat said:
MBdS said:
Looks like a cut and paste typo. I'll be running it as 1AP with a cost around 75-100 silvers.
Yeah, I think so, but I'd like an official answer. We should drop price and armour point like you say

Look at the "Helmet" above which should have a total skill penalty of -5%.
hmm... looking at the table I think the Helmet should have 4 AP, else it would be identical to the chainmail coif and cost less... but... an Helmet shouldn't be better than a chainmail coif? (switching values and costs?)

Back