More Noble Armada News

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Just to let you all know, many of the ships for Noble Armada are now up on our web site, along with more information on the Houses, fleets and individual ships themselves, to really give you a flavour of the new game.

In addition, we have seen lots of people wondering which fleets to start off with, and we think we have found one possible solution - the Noble Armada Megadeal, which means if you grab one of each fleet box set we will also send you the rulebook absolutely free!

The final batch of ships are imminent, and will also be appearing in the next few days...

How long will the Mega Deal be available Matt? I wont' have enough money to get all the fleet deals for a few months still.

All looks fantastic Mr Sprange.

On a slightly related note, is there a recommended paint to use with the miniatures?

Kyu Kage said:
On a slightly related note, is there a recommended paint to use with the miniatures?

We use acrylics here (I personally use GW paints, but others in the office constantly remind me there are cheaper options!). And, being space ships, they are very easy to paint - black undercoat, drybrush, pick out details, and you are done!

I just placed my Pre-Order for the Mega bundle deal!

wow, didn't plan on spending so much at once, but the opportunity to get the book for free and not be wanting more ships the day after I get the game was just too good to pass up. Special thanks to Kelly George for getting my previous pre-orders VOID'ed, hopeful the pay-pal refund will show up shortly.

Now all I have to do is wait for it to arrive... Patience....got to have....patience.....

On an unrelated side note, I was planing on using Reaper's Pro-Paints for my mini's I enjoy there satin finishes which keeps the model from looking like a Tonka Toy when its done. Like an earlier poster said the ships just being abstract shapes give us painters a lot more maneuver room on working on them. Also dont forget to use a flat or satin sealer once your finished painting, this will help keep he paint from getting rubbed off as you play with them. Nothing worse than having your hard work removed by your grubby friends fingers :)

Patience...

(Runs to the mail box to check for his order)

Vallejo makes great paints. and a wide variety of colors.

my recommendation.

http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/gb/modelling-products-gb.html

Wow - those models look really nice. Can't wait for this game to hit the shelves. I am one of those that still laments Mongoose's exit from the miniatures market a few years back.

Chernobyl said:
Vallejo makes great paints. and a wide variety of colors.

my recommendation.

http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/gb/modelling-products-gb.html

I prefer those as well. In fact these are the better options others in the office recommend to Matt, as alluded to in his post.

I switched from citadel paints (GW) when I started painting my B5 ships, and I've never looked back. Vallejo FTW.

Mat if I get the mega deal with shipping over to America via ups how long will it get here? do you have a overnight option or 2nd day? Or will it be released same time here?

The US is likely to get the game a few days before the UK - our main warehouse (and miniatures forge) is in Ohio!

Now for the US is the only way we'll be able to get it via the online store? I'm eyeing the mega deal as $150 for a starter fleet of all the initial houses and the rule book sounds like my kinda deal, but i assume that doesn't count shipping.....is this deal ONLY available in the online store or will we see it popping up on various gaming sites that some of us silly americans frequent?

Havn't seen a thing on the ones i typically shop with so not sure where its going to be available :(

Lokai said:
Now for the US is the only way we'll be able to get it via the online store? I'm eyeing the mega deal as $150 for a starter fleet of all the initial houses and the rule book sounds like my kinda deal, but i assume that doesn't count shipping.....is this deal ONLY available in the online store or will we see it popping up on various gaming sites that some of us silly americans frequent?

The game as a whole will have a general release in the US, but the Megadeal is only available through our web site (and only for a limited time).

msprange said:
The game as a whole will have a general release in the US, but the Megadeal is only available through our web site (and only for a limited time).

When does the MEga Deal expire? Was thinking of picking one up at the Noble Armada Open Day...

LBH

May first is the last day for the mega deal......I like to have 2 rulebooks so figure i'll buy the book and get a full read through and then assuming i like, which i assume i will....then i'll get the mega deal and its free book so i have a loaner book :)

Is there going to be a model to represent the gate, I know its impossible to do one at the scale, but a representation would be nice.

Digger2000 said:
Is there going to be a model to represent the gate, I know its impossible to do one at the scale, but a representation would be nice.

It is something we'll be looking at over the next few months, certainly.

LBH

Travelling from one system to another within Fading Suns / Noble Armada is via Gates.

They are a work of art to look at and great in majesty. Look for the cover of the Fading Suns Main Rule book and it shows a Jump Gate.

Back