More Info on BF Evo. . .

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

If you take a trip to next month's releases on the site, S&P 37 Wargamer is ready for download - with some more peeks at BF Evo. . .

Very interesting issue indeed.
And I bow very low to msprange on the SST FAQ - marvellous fluff-reasoning on that one :D (and finally LAMI longbowmen get to keep their Moritas too ^^ )

Makoto said:
Very interesting issue indeed.
And I bow very low to msprange on the SST FAQ - marvellous fluff-reasoning on that one :D (and finally LAMI longbowmen get to keep their Moritas too ^^ )

Jeh. I laughed a lot while reading that article.

But huzah! Bigfoot officers! I had been cursing for lack of this possibility as I just hate mixing different marauders and squad of bigfoots would be darned expensive(mighty good firepower though...). So this one suits me just fine :D

wow. those few pics of the BF infantry are just that-wow. the tank does look a bit flat by comparison, but i guess that it's still pre-production. i liked the description of each army, and while i only skimmed the report, it seems like getting into the game after SST will be easy enough.

the SST part, especially the update was also a nice suprise-the marauder platoon update is definetly the most important, and while having 6 marauder squads is unlikely, it's good to know that the possibility is there.
the smokes are a fun addition, i'm sure they will see some use against skinnies.

ps-is it only me, or does one of the arabs indeed have slippers on his legs? :wink:

Matt, could we PLEASE get a pic of the PLA infantry from a bit closer? They looked ok, but I couldn't make out much detail. The Middle Eastern guys do look pretty good!

Thanks!

Matt, could we PLEASE get a pic of the PLA infantry from a bit closer? They looked ok, but I couldn't make out much detail. The Middle Eastern guys do look pretty good!

Thanks!

It took me five trys before I could successfully download. :D

But I did get it downloaded.

Good info. Thanks to Matt and all. :D :D

emperorpenguin said:
I spotted an error in the battle report, the SAS are not equipped with the L85 rifle, they instead use the M16 :wink:

Have to point out, this was a playtest done in the very early stages of debelopment - the SAS are now armed correctly :)

I am really liking this game. One thing concerns me though; the MBT's seem to be out of scale to the soldiers, about half. Looks like the MBT's are scaled for 20mm.

The more info that is coming out about this game the more confident I am feeling. Definitely counting down the weeks. :wink:

PLA Infantry Squad are now on the site here:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1374&qsSeries=47

Along with a clearer squad photo

mthomason said:
PLA Infantry Squad are now on the site here:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1374&qsSeries=47

Along with a clearer squad photo

£25 seems a bit steep for 10 men....

xeoran said:
£25 seems a bit steep for 10 men....

Works out £2.50 a figure, about the same as unpainted metals from "elsewhere" :) I believe I recall Matthew saying at the beginning that the painted plastics wouldn't cost any more than unpainted metals, so it's pretty much right on the nail. And not bad compared to £18 for ten unpainted plastics for a certain very popular boxed set available somewhere else as well.

Back