More Info on BF Evo. . .

Well the previous SST metal are under £2.50 a figure, quite significantly in some cases. Maybe some “elsewhere” metals are more, but it shouldn’t always be about comparing to others :D .

If at the moment a basic CAP trooper squad is about £12, I agree £25 does sound a little high (even if pre-painted). However, its early days yet and I would like to see the others before judging.

Will the USMC get the FAV and those 6 shot grenade launchers they are now field testing [ and from what I here will very soon adopt } . What about the mk-19 auto grnade launchers

msprange said:
emperorpenguin said:
I spotted an error in the battle report, the SAS are not equipped with the L85 rifle, they instead use the M16 :wink:

Have to point out, this was a playtest done in the very early stages of debelopment - the SAS are now armed correctly :)

oh cool, glad about that :)

mthomason said:
xeoran said:
£25 seems a bit steep for 10 men....

Works out £2.50 a figure, about the same as unpainted metals from "elsewhere" :) I believe I recall Matthew saying at the beginning that the painted plastics wouldn't cost any more than unpainted metals, so it's pretty much right on the nail. And not bad compared to £18 for ten unpainted plastics for a certain very popular boxed set available somewhere else as well.

Yes but that includes different sculpts. £2.50 per model for a limited number of poses (4) just isnt exceiting. £1-£1.50 is what I'd be willing to pay considering the lack of poses.

I could be wrong but by my count the PLA seem to have six different poses.

Two slight variations on the Missile launchers.
Just what I see.

As always each of us will make up their own mind on whether the figures please us and whether we buy them or not. :D :D :D

Thanks for the picture! Not the all time best paint jobs, and the price is a bit steep on this side of the pond, but the amount of time I could save and the fact that I know what I'm getting is worth something.

CudaHP said:
I could be wrong but by my count the PLA seem to have six different poses.

Two slight variations on the Missile launchers.
Just what I see.

As always each of us will make up their own mind on whether the figures please us and whether we buy them or not. :D :D :D

Really, must have missed that.

I see you on the misslile launchers but the only difference is that one has his arm up higher and his face a tiny bit closer to the launcher. Not really a seperate fig (and in fact it might just be the pic). How did you get 6 though? I see Rocket launcher 1 (and possibly 2), LMG trooper, shootign trooper, patrollign trooper and thats it. Which is 5 max.

I wonder whether MGP couldnt just have used the cheaper dolly system. Or in fact how much these cost. Last I checked for historical figs it was about £70 for a dolly max and £25 for adding to the dolly. Which means MGP should be paying peanuts.

I wont buy these figs but frankly the PLA dont interest me. The oen to win me on is either MEA or the Europeans.

I haven't seen the infantry or tanks in person, but could the fact that the men are on bases contribute to the tanks looking small? I really hope there's not a scale issue. THat drives mini gamers nutz! :?

No, cant just be the bases. If a general infantrymini is 6ft tall then the base should add 1-2 feet. A tank is at least 8ft and yet the minis on bases actually seem taller than the tanks practically.

xeoran said:
No, cant just be the bases. If a general infantrymini is 6ft tall then the base should add 1-2 feet. A tank is at least 8ft and yet the minis on bases actually seem taller than the tanks practically.

HI guys,

The tanks in this game are all directly in scale. What might be throwing you off is that the Type 99 of the PLA is a very, very low tank - much lower than the CR2 or Abrams (of which you will see both very soon!).

bfeplainfantry.jpg

That bloke at the back looks like it'd be tough to convert, is that an indication of the distrubution of the poses in the average pack? :?

At least we have an idea of the quality and pricing now though.

Looking good on the PLA infantry. Well done :D

Do you know when you can get some pics of the USMC up? I wanna have a good look at my future 'subjects', by wich I mean minis to be converted to swedes :twisted:

Really nice work though MGP, really darn nice 8)

msprange said:
HI guys,

The tanks in this game are all directly in scale. What might be throwing you off is that the Type 99 of the PLA is a very, very low tank - much lower than the CR2 or Abrams (of which you will see both very soon!).

I hope so. Havent actually seen a picture of a Type 99. Hmm, just have to wait for the Challenger (which if it still is at £15 or so I am so getting....!).

Matt, can you tell us if like Max asks the PLA photo shows the true number of sculpts per box? Just because 4-5 sculpts in a box of 10 retailing at £25 is a wee bit high....Please say that wont be happening to the other infantry at least, I dont want to end up trying this game with TAG minis.

i saw these models, got intrested

then i saw the price tag, if i wanted minis painting id rather spend less on the minis and id get comission work, id much rather get them plain unassembled grey/ pewter

Back